News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Got some wonderings about the flaws on the Rk des Kvk.

The flaw on the svastika, is this expected on every cross w/o swords and what about the crosses w/ swords?

With different dies there should be genuine crosses without this flaw!

(picture below taken from another post on GMIC.)

The other flaws, "3" and on the outher arm, 6 o´clock. There are two dies...one without the flaws and the other (later) with flaws?

These flaws would be expected on both crosses!?

/peter

The relative rarity of the KVK without Swords makes it difficult to be 100% sure but certainly on the original examples I have examined since noticing the small flaw on the Swastika, it has been present. With such a small number being made/awarded, I doubt if more than one set of tooling was made by each firm.

As for the flaws on the KVK with Swords, I believe these to be due to damage to the tooling so that the first striking would not have had the flaws. I have seen examples of the "with Swords" crosses which have all the characteristics of the Deschler tooling, but no flaws so I believe that the die strikings were initially clean and the flaws appeared later due to damage to the tooling - rather than there being multiple die sets, - flawed and unflawed.

Gordon...thanks!

Have you seen a cross w/o swords with the flaws showing on some of the crosses w/ swords?

...with stripped eyeholder...

And...was there any Rkkvk found in the so called "Deschler horde"? If so...with or without flaws?!

/Peter

Edited by Peter1975

Hi Peter

I haven't seen a Cross without Swords with the same flaws as the "with Swords" but they came from different tooling so that is to be expected.

I don't think any RK were found in the Deschler hoard, or at least I haven't heard of it.

Gordon...thanks!

Have you seen a cross w/o swords with the flaws showing on some of the crosses w/ swords?

...with stripped eyeholder...

And...was there any Rkkvk found in the so called "Deschler horde"? If so...with or without flaws?!

/Peter

Hi Peter

I haven't seen a Cross without Swords with the same flaws as the "with Swords" but they came from different tooling so that is to be expected.

I don't think any RK were found in the Deschler hoard, or at least I haven't heard of it.

Thanks Gordon!

/peter

• 2 years later...

Gordon,

Just wanted to be clear. You're saying the 6 o'clock flaw found on the version with swords got progressively worse and may not appear on the earliest initial pieces from production?

William Kramer