News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Collection of Photographs

dante

Recent pick up to one officer, along with a TR Wehrpass, originally thought it was the same person but medals and rank do not match........welcome your thoughts, cheers, Paul

Recent pick up to one officer, along with a TR Wehrpass, originally thought it was the same person but medals and rank do not match........welcome your thoughts, cheers, Paul

Here is the Wehrpass, which is nice in its self

And the orders which show (I believe) the Prussian crown and not the Iron Crown in the photos

Edited by dante

Hi!

I found the Wehrpass's owner in the 1909 Schematismus: his name is Aurel Gimbosia and he was only Fänrich (senior officer aspirant) in the 51. Infantry Regiment. He has only one austrian medal at this time, a 1908 Jubilee Cross for Armed Forces.

The man on the photorgraps seems an artillery officer (and general on the last one).

M

Hi!

I found the Wehrpass's owner in the 1909 Schematismus: his name is Aurel Gimbosia and he was only Fänrich (senior officer aspirant) in the 51. Infantry Regiment. He has only one austrian medal at this time, a 1908 Jubilee Cross for Armed Forces.

The man on the photorgraps seems an artillery officer (and general on the last one).

M

Mark, thats great, many thanks, Paul

I think I found your artillery officer. The ranks, places and medals seems to be all right. I couldn't find any photo, but I'm 99% sure it's him. Btw very nice set of pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Ferdinand Blechinger

- 1858.04.14: born

- 1880-81: promoted to 2nd lieutenant (Leutnant)

- in 1885 he was serving with the11th heavy battery division (schwere Batterie Division Nr. 11) in Edelény

- 1885.05.01: promoted to 1st lieutenant (Oberleutnant)

- 1885-86 he was a student of the higher artillery course (Höhere Artillerie Curs)

- 1886 or 1887: transfered to the 3rd fortress artillery regiment (Festungsartillerieregiment Nr 3) in Vienna

- 1890: transfered to the 1st fortress artillery regiment (Festungsartillerieregiment Nr 1) also in Vienna

- 1893: transfered to the 1st artillery batallion (Festungsartilleriebatallion Nr 1) in Trient

- 1893.11.01 promoted to captain (Hauptmann)

- 1895: assigned to the Technical Military Comission (Technisches Militär Comite)

- 1898: awarded the Military Jubilee Medal of 1898 (Jubiläumserinnerungsmedaille)

- 1902.05.01: promoted to major (Major)

- 1903: transfered to the 2nd fortress artillery regiment (Festungsartillerieregiment Nr 2), commander of the 3rd batallion in Krakow

- 1903: awarded the Military Merit Cross (Militärverdienstkreuz) most likely for his work in the Comission

- 1904: awarded the 3rd class of the Officers Long Service Cross (Miltärdienstzeichen)

- 1905: transfered to the 6th fortress artillery regiment (Festungsartillerieregiment Nr 6), commander of the 2nd batallion in Budapest

- 1906.11.01: promoted to lieutenant colonel (Oberstleutnant)

- 1908: awarded the Miltary Jubilee Cross (Militär-Jubiläumskreuz)

- 1909.12.13: promoted to colonel (Oberst) and appointed as commander of the 2nd fortress artillery regiment in Krakow (Festungsartillerieregiment Nr 2)

- 1911: appointed as commander of the 5th fortress artillery brigade (Festungsartilleriebrigade Nr.5)in Cattaro, later in Sarajevo

- 1913: awarded the Mobilisation Cross of 1912/13 (Erinnerungskreuz 1912/13)

- 1914.05.01: promoted to major general (Generalmajor)

- 1914: awarded the 3rd class of the Order of the Iron Crown and the 2nd class of the Officers Long Service Cross (Miltärdienstzeichen)

- 1915: awarded the knight’s cross of the Order of Leopold with war decorations

- 1917.05.01: promoted to lieutenant general (Feldmarschalleutnant)

- 1922.10.06: died

W, Thats fantastic.......many thanks for your hard work, I guess it must be rare to have a complete set of photos?

Very beautfiul set of photos, Dante!!!

And the wehrpass is also neat - this guy was born in Kikinda, now Vojvodina (part of Serbia), and his country of birth is stated S.H.S. (Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenians), what is a bit erroneus, as he was born in then (1887) Hungary (part of AH), but at the time of Wehrpass issue the country was called Kingdom of Yugoslavia (since 1929). By his name, he was probably of Rumanian nationality. It is intersting that he got wound badge in 1940 - quite uncommon that such an old man (53 then) was on frontline service so early in the war.

• 3 years later...