News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Kutuzov awarded to Spetsnaz Airborne Unit

TacHel

My next answer is: for lifesaving of Russian children in Evpatoria summer camp. I was a student, worked in this camp. In morning 22th June, 1995, unknown terrorist tryed explode the bomb in room... Lost hand, lost eye, but all children (8 girls age 6-14 from Ukraine + 2 girls from Moscow) still live.

You lost a hand and an eye saving the life on young children from a terrorist bombing? :o WOW! :cheers: Stop being so modest! You are a hero in EVERY sense of the word!! :cool:

УКАЗ Президента РФ от 07.02.1996 N 163 "О НАГРАЖДЕНИИ ГОСУДАРСТВЕННЫМИ НАГРАДАМИ РОССИЙСКОЙ ФЕДЕРАЦИИ

ОРДЕНОМ МУЖЕСТВА

ЦАРЕНКО Максима Владимировича, студента Винницкого педагогического института, Украина.

Presidential Decree of 07.02.1996 N 163 "On conferring state awards of the Russian Federation"

ORDER OF COURAGE

TSARENKO Maxim Vladimirovich, a student of Vinnytsia State Pedagogical Institute, Ukraine.

I salute you my friend!

I too salute you! :beer: (Just wish we had a salute icon... I brought this up years ago but still don't have one... sigh.) You are indeed far too modest... but all true heroes are just that. Those kids were able to grow up and have families of their own because of your sacrifice... that is no small thing. Who knows... one of them may some day cure cancer or save the world. A great deed indeed!

Dan :cheers:

... Stop being so modest! You are a hero in EVERY sense of the word!! :cool:

I agree and repeat: Maxim Vladimirovich, you are a hero in every sense of the word!

Edited by Naxos

ADDENDA:

The Order of Lenin was awarded to civilians for outstanding services rendered to the State, to members of the armed forces for exemplary service, to those who promoted friendship and cooperation between peoples and in strengthening peace, and for other meritorious services to the Soviet state and society.

The only modern Russian award that comes close to it is the Order of St Andrew the Apostle. The Order Of Saint Andrew is the highest military and civilian order of Russia. It is awarded for "exceptional services leading to the prosperity and glory of Russia".

Tsarenko, my friend, I give you the point here... After a careful review of the award criteria of all of the top Soviet and modern Russian awards, you are correct. The Soviet equivalent of the Russian Federation's Order of Valour is the Order of the Red Banner.

:beer:

Did Russia re constitute the Order of St Andrew?? I was not award that had been brought back! Another beautiful award!

Tsarenko, I am personally honoured to know that there are people like you who go way beyond their civic duties to assist others.

You are a shining example to your generation. Your act of selfless courage fills me with admiration.

Jim :cheers:

• 11 months later...

I heard about this back at the time, too, unfortunately. Motorcycle accident in Moscow. Hit the curb, flipped forward, and died of massive head injuries. I remember seeing a lot of press about it, but few details, if any, on any official ceremonies...