News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everybody,

I have bought this very nice photo of a Saxon officer (sorry again one).

I have found his name and I want to know if someone can find the name (it's not so easy as it seems). Good luck

Christophe

PS : as soon as I have the original photo in my hands I will post it here.

I would say Hptm Albert von Malortie from FFA 63 and later leader of FA A 284

Born 20.04.1887 in Dresden.

Picture taken before he got the HOH.

Great picture. If you want to leave i take it. Maybe if you buy my group :-)

Regards Alex

Edited by jaba1914

Ok guys

here is a small clue :

he received the Brunswick medal 2nd class on : 19 July 1915.

Just for information, Neal O'Connor hadn't find the date in this book, so it can't help you ! :whistle:

Christophe

I thought on fourth place it is the Wurttemberg FO1X but he doesn't got this award.

I can't found the award of Saxe Ernestine knight cross 2nd class with X on 18 July 1917.

Could you give us more infos.

Regards Alex

Hi everybody,

here is the name :

Leutnant Achatz Graf von der Schulenburg

Christophe

Hi Alex,

For me the Wurttemberg medla is the second class not the first, I can't see enameled.

The EH3bX has been awarded on 9 July 1917.

He was member of the Reichswehr, but when you look at his medals, there is no Wurttemberg medal and no Observer badge. This is the only combo possible.

Neal O'Connor had not find the date for the Schulenburg's Brunswick medal, and it was finally in the historical regiment unit.

Christophe

I have my doubt about this guy. I also think he wear the FO1X. I have all awards of SEHO (all classes) and there is no award of SEHO2X to Graf von der Schulenburg on this date.

I still think it is Albert von Malortie

Regards Alex

Hi Alex,

For info, here is the date of the EH3bX for von der Schulenburg, on page 68 from the Rick, Daniel's book for : Verleihungen von militärischen Orden und Ehrenzeichen der Ernstinischen Herzogtümer Sachsen Altenburg, Sachsen Coburg Gotha und Sachsen Meiningenim 1914-1918. I have writen the date for another man, sorry, here is the good date.

Malortie has never received the BrK2, so it can't be him and I'm not sure he received the ÖM3K too.

When I will receive the photo I will take good close up, if possible, of the medal bar.

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

Hi,

From the vol. 3 of Aviation awards of the Imperial Germany, Kingdom of Saxe by Neal O'Connor the citationof vond er Schulenburg.

This officer has received it during his time in aviation unit as an obserer.

Concerning the date in the Daniel/Rick's book, sometimes mistakes have been made and in the citation here for the St Henry they quote the aviation unit and we were in 1916 and for the EH3bX the citation quotes his first unit, the HR 18.

Christophe

I have taken from the O'Connor's book another citation from Althaus where mistake is again present.

I have a very good feeling with von der Schulenburg for the photo, but as soon as I have not find another photo of him with different face, I continue to think it's my man, without offense to everyone of course.

Christophe

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I have received the photo in question. I've take several photos to see clearly shoulderboards etc.

This is well a captain ( I have found two stars on shoulderboards).

Sascha has definitively very good eyes, indeed the Wurttemberg Friedrich Order is well a first class with swords.

So our man can't be von Schulenburg. So Alex has probably right too about Malortie.

The good point is we have found two medals to add to Malortie : Brunswick and Austrian medals.

Here is the photo.

Christophe

Hptm Albert von Malortie

born 20.04.1887 at Dresden

pre war service on Jäger Battailon Nr. 12,

Promotion to Lt on 20.04.1906

Promotion to Olt on 20.08.1915

Service as observer on FFA 63 on the easter front. FFA 63 was part of the Beskiden-Korps lead by Hptm Pueschel.

1917 he was leader of FA A 284.

Thats all i have. Some missing information

Regards Alex

• 2 years later...

I found this old thread and i would like to show this nice case with a miniature of a pilot badge on the top and a engraved signature of Hptm Albert von Malortie.

This was a gift from Malortie to LtdR Heinrich Kessler pilot and OzbV at FA A 284. Kessler was a long time member of FFA 58 / FA A 284 from 1916 to 1918.

Regards

Alex

I found this old thread and i would like to show this nice case with a miniature of a pilot badge on the top and a engraved signature of Hptm Albert von Malortie.

This was a gift from Malortie to LtdR Heinrich Kessler pilot and OzbV at FA A 284. Kessler was a long time member of FFA 58 / FA A 284 from 1916 to 1918.

attachicon.gifDose (1).JPG

attachicon.gifDose (2).JPG

Regards

Alex

Alex;

What a great silver case! The engraving is so beautiful. This really goes well with the rest of the Kessler group.