News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General Tinnie Database

Mike, the tinnie has indeed all the Third Reich makings, but the eagle has still no swastika in this time-period . The tinnie is about the celebration of the Weimar constitution ; Ein Reich, Ein Volk, ein Recht ( Justice).

It's a nice tinnie in Artd?co style.

Benten

Edited by benten

• Replies 1.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

?Wege zum Deutschen Osten? , ?The road to the German East?. Meeting in Gelsenkirchen 8-13.4.34. With very severe eagle . :mad:

Depicted is the map of Ostpreussen. Before WW1 it was the ending part of the large German empire in the east. After WW1 it was still German property , but isolated from motherland Germany. Ostpreussen?s territory was surrounded by Poland and Lithuania.

I can imagine that the Nazis wanted to have as much as possible control over their ?East? ( Ost Preussen).

For who is interested in more, here these links ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelsenkirchen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Prussia

Cheers,

Benten

Edited by benten

Benten Thanks for the interesting links and showing that finely detailed tinnie. Tell me if you could is it a solid or hollow? I have never seen this one before. And now it seems that both areas are in dire need of revival. Gelsenkirchen and Ost Preussen that is. Robert

Edited by BURGERHAUS

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Claymore Thank you for looking that one up for me. At some point, I need to allocate funds for more reference books. I tend to spend on historical research on the period and the organizations and not on the badges themselves. I just finished HITLER AND THE PEASANTS by Gustavo Conti. A rather hard to find, well researched work on Darre and the RNS. Here is an early one before the ascent .........dynamic times

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Nice tinnies Claymore. I like the plastic one too .

Interesting to see how The Archer, sign of zodiac, on the Reichsluftschutz tinnie is used as an individual symbolic archer who is shooting on the planes. Belongs this tinnie to a series ?

I've looked if I could find someting about the Magdenburg skulpture, but found nothing.

Thanks for posting your tinnies .

Cheers,

Benten

Edited by benten

Hi Benten...

I don't believe that this tinnie is part of a series...at least...not a series of zodiac tinnies...maybe the 'archer' is purely symbolic...'shooting for the stars'...that sort of thing ?

In the Tieste book, there are a few other RLB tinnies, of different styles and shapes.....but which all feature the same figure, The Archer....

I don't know anything about the RLB to be able to explain the significance...maybe Nick knows???

As for the Magdeburg statue...I will also ask around...I'm interested to find out about it !

Regards...

The archer was used as the symbol of the RLB in the early days. Many of their membership cards etc show the archer on them, I think it signifies the archer as a defender of the people sort of thing, shooting at the airchraft with his arrows.

Cheers

Don

I agree with Don that it symbolism, maybe based on Apollo as opposed to Sagittarius? Defending the skys with his arrows. The top of the tinnie says Luftschutz ist Selbstschutz Air Defence is Self-Defence.

The RLB Reichsluftschutzbund, or National Air Raid Protection League was in many ways like the British ARP. A Civil Defence association created in 1933 which had virtually compulsory membership for most civilians especially in the large towns and cities by the mid 1930s. They were a reactive resource used for warden and firewatch duties and were not employed in offensive defence measures i.e. flak units. I think that they came under the luftwaffe control and were later in the war assisted by the creation of a more professional body the Luftschutzpolizei