News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

freikorps v armeekorps badge

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Eric,

I'm interrested of the history of the badge and from which unit it came from. Who were the officers of this unit etc... Thanks. I likek the Freikorps unit and I have only few informations about them.

Christophe

heya christophe,

i think one of the best books on this subject is, 'das buch vom deutschen freikorps-kaempfer' written by ernst von salomon in 1938. it's a rather difficult book to find, and is priced accordingly. next time i get a chance to look through it (i know someone who has a copy), i will add some info here.

cheers!

• 1 month later...

I used to own a copy of this and sold it about 15 years ago. An original Solomon Freikorps book costs about 300 Euros today. But, the book is in re-print and can be bought for about 39 Euros on Amazon.de (Germany). The original had a plain black cover with the title in gold. The re-print cover is red with a black and white, head and shoulders graphic of a Freikorp soldier.

http://www.amazon.de/Das-Buch-vom-deutschen-Freikorpsk%C3%A4mpfer/dp/3922314775

I also believe there is an eBook version.