News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

information on dkig recipient

hello, i have a dagger that belonged to walter muller of the luftwaffe. the only information i have about him is this: he was a Beobachter in a KampFgeschwader & Dkig recipient. how can i research this individuals service in the second world war? where can i find any information regarding him?

thanks

john

Do you mean Müller or Muller? As mentioned, there are no entries for the latter version on the DKiG lists but there are a lot of entries for the former but only five with the Christian name of Walter. Four can be ruled out as they served in different units from the Fallschirmjager to Stukageschwader. Unfortunately the one that is left on the Ordenstrager has his unit listed as simply 'Kampfgeschwader' but he won the DKiG on 1st October 1944.

Edited by hucks216

he was a feldwebel and was a member of the kampfgeschweber 55 and was awarded the dkig on 1/10/44. he is listed with the dkig winners but i would like some information on him during the war.

thanks

john