News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian State Security

Bob

While the photo of Marshal Demid (Battushig, p. 22) gives some size comparision, I was still surprised by the size of this thing. For comparison:

Droooolllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::jumping::beer::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Is this badge in your collection? If yes, congratulation. This is one I have been dreaming for. :love:

Have a nice spot for it prepared in my collection but this is the only one I have aver seen.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

After talking this through and looking at specimens when we were in Ulanbaatar, Battushig, Jan, and myself have proposed the theory that what are presently shown as D 03a and D 03b, the gilded and all-silver varieties of the Honorary Chekist Badge are in fact one and the same thing. As with other badges, the gilding is so thin that in many specimens the gilt wears off or simply evaporates on its own over time. This would suggest a single combined variety here, with the lowest serial number observed as 14 and the highest as 975 (the number ranges of the two old types overlapped in any event).

Please squint at your specimens and share your observations and thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure those are two different badges with the second one being a rather well-done copy of the first??

If so, then we may have a fake on our hands. Let me post some more pics. Also of an other item that is being offered for sale.

I am not so sure though. It looks identical to the one in B's book.

Edited by Bob

Who sells this badges. I have been offered the same badges and gat the same pictures form Russia.

It is a common practice in Russia to sell pictures of orders that they don't have. I am not fallen for it.

Another view of a D03a. The numbering/awarding sequence is making me think these were made as one batch. Then disbursed over a very extended period of time as the numbers/dates don't seem to really coordinate well. Glenn's example is a very low number but the award book was 1973! I think we have a "reach in the box and whatever comes out" situation. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

All appear to have been made in the Moscow Artist's Collaberative.

D03a: A beautiful badge. Any idea on todays value?

Thanks,

Albert

Edited by Albert

Thanks,

Albert

$700-900,it depends from condition and number.

Thank you. The reason I asked is that I might have a chance to buy one numbered 4XX.

Thanks,

Albert

$700-900,it depends from condition and number.

I'd say rather ~$800-$1000.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf