News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian State Security

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

another Chekist Document - to Abdullayev, dated 15.07.1932, and travel pass issued in Transcaucasus

Read the text of the booklet. It says "Comrade Ryzhov is awarded the Honorary Chekist Badge (Serial number 86) of the Ministry for "work achievements accomplished in line with his duties" by the decree of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Mongolian People's Republic #... on 15 July 1942". I read somewhere that this guy (Ryzhov) worked at the eastern Border Guard unit (khalkhin Gol area). I will see if I can get his first name and parents name. The second doc (travel pass) has nothing to do with this Chekist badge booklet.

Honorary Checkist - #688, with document

Read the text of the booklet as well. It says "Comrade Danzan is awarded the Honorary Chekist Badge (Serial number 688) of the Ministry for "successful accomplishment of the assignments given by the ministry" by the decree of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Mongolian People's Republic # 443 on 5 November 1945". This guy (Danzan) was a member of the special squad tasked to eliminate the remains of the Japanese troops and spies in Manchuria.

Read the text of the booklet. It says "Comrade Ryzhov is awarded the Honorary Chekist Badge (Serial number 86) of the Ministry for "work achievements accomplished in line with his duties" by the decree of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Mongolian People's Republic #... on 15 July 1942". I read somewhere that this guy (Ryzhov) worked at the eastern Border Guard unit (khalkhin Gol area). I will see if I can get his first name and parents name. The second doc (travel pass) has nothing to do with this Chekist badge booklet.

Tsend

Thank you very much for you identification and translations. We can figure out most Cyrillic, but Uighur defeats us! Shame the two documents aren't a set - the travel pass was inside the Chekist document when I bought them

Both documents on their own are great bits of history. It would be good to know more about Ryzhov if any more comes your way.

David

Tsend

Thank you very much for you identification and translations. We can figure out most Cyrillic, but Uighur defeats us! Shame the two documents aren't a set - the travel pass was inside the Chekist document when I bought them

Both documents on their own are great bits of history. It would be good to know more about Ryzhov if any more comes your way.

David

Will do. Nice set of the documented Mongolian Chekist badges by the way.

• 7 months later...

Successor of the Honorary Chekist badge of the Mongolian People's Republic, the Badge of Honorary Employee of Mongolian General Intelligence Department. Made of white metal, hot and cold enamel. Screwback.

• 9 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-679-0-66007400-1372604672.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-679-0-12517600-1372604718.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-679-0-94798200-1372604764.jpg

Did not expect to get this added to my collection anymore, but certainly very happy that it suddenly appeared! A beautiful (large!) badge and undoubtedly with an interesting life!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations Bob,

I haven't seen one of those for sale in many years...I had a chance at one of these 3-4 years ago and to this day I regret not getting it. Damn Soyombo won that fight.

Glad we started collecting when we did as it must be nearly impossible to get some of the stuff we got back in those days.

Cheers

JC

• 3 months later...

QUOTE (Eagle @ Mar 31 2008, 17:51 )

Ready for negotiations for this badge.

goldensq@gmail.com

Eagle,

Could you please post hi-resolution pictures of the front and back, and especially of any markings.

Marc

That exact badge and exact pic were used by a fraudulent ebay seller recently... Checkout dealsmongol and the feedback he has received...

Item 290998185415

And the fraudulent ebay seller is using a second pic with identical background which has not been posted here...

Busted!

Edited by Bob

• 6 months later...

Attached pics of a document on it's way to me - yet another variation of the Checkist document.

It's for Chekist badge nr 306 and dates to 1946

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-679-0-64688300-1402484523.jpeghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-679-0-15414100-1402484531.jpeg

Attached pics of a document on it's way to me - yet another variation of the Checkist document.

It's for Chekist badge nr 306 and dates to 1946

attachicon.gifimage2.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

My records indicate that this badge was awarded to Undrahyn Dorjpalam. He was a border guard troops junior officer at the Border Guard Unit #12. Congrats! Nice doc.

• 1 year later...

A small documented group that belonged to Lt. Colonel Lhagva Dashzeveg. Included in the group are:

1. Badge of the Honorary Chekist with the booklet. The badge was awarded on July 8, 1982 and is serial numbered 575. As is common for later Chekist badges, the serial number of the badge is not entered in the booklet. The booklet is hand signed by the Minister of Public Security of MPR Colonel General Luvsangombo. The threading of the screw is very well preserved and the original screwplate is tightly fixed.

2. Still coming in the mail but belonging to the same group: order of the Polar Star of MPR with serial number 11587. Awarded on December 31, 1965. The serial number of the order is entered in the Order Booklet as well as the date. However, the names of most of the awards (apparently the Order of Polar Star, Order of Combat Valor and the Order of Red Banner of Combat Valor) were not stamped. Yet, the name of the Medal of 40th anniversary of revolution is stamped. The booklet has a chest photo of Dashzeveg in his early career years.

Unfortunately, Dashzeveg's awards were sold to different dealers and only these two came my way. In a nutshell, Dashzeveg devoted his whole life to the intelligence service.  He has served  at different intelligence departments for 37 years. Dashzeveg was a core intelligence service officer whose cadres were much smaller compared to Border Guards and Police. He started his career at the central HQ in 1949, continued at the local intelligence unit in Bayanhongor province, transferred to technical (eavesdropping) division, continued at the signals division, etc. More details to come later.

IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

• 3 months later...

More details on Dashzeveg:

Lhagva Dashzeveg was appointed as the officer of the Division #7 by the decree #831 of the Minister of Internal Security on August 5, 1949. He was appointed as the signals officer of Bayankhongor branch of the Ministry of Public Security by decree #548 of the Minister on July 31, 1952. Dashzeveg was recalled from the regions by the decree of the Minister of Military Affairs and Public Security #78 on February 11, 1958 and appointed as the investigation officer of the Division #2 of the same ministry. On January 8, 1960, comrade Dashzeveg was promoted as the Senior Officer of the same division.

Comrade Dashzeveg enrolled the State Security College under the Committee of State Security of USSR on August 18, 1961. He graduated from the college in June 1964. On July 17, 1964, Dashzeveg was appointed as the Senior Officer of the Uvurkhangai branch of the Ministry of Public Security by decree #369 of the Minister. On February 14, 1970, Dashzeveg was promoted as the Senior Officer of the Division #6 (Signals and Eavesdropping Division) of the Department of State Security. He retired from active duty on July 18, 1986 by the decree # b/514 of the Minister of Public Security.

Out of curiosity, and along the question in post 162, now, almost ten years later, how much would a cased badge go for?

On 7/25/2006 at 00:46, Dolf said:

I'd say rather ~$800-$1000.

Dolf

Mongolian KGB Badge.jpg

Edited by Albert