Schaumburg-Lippe Princely House Order On eBay

The order sold for $3750 today on eBay... a tremendous bargain in my opinion if the item was a period original. Has anybody in the forum ever had the opportunity to view this order first-hand? If so, how does it compare to the one which just sold on eBay?

Eric Ludvugsen shows only one in 1912!

I noticed that Herr Medalnet purchased this item on eBay, and I say to him: You are much bolder and braver than I would have been! The eBay seller you purchased this from has been selling science fiction DVDs and garbage disposals, and then all of sudden he is selling one of the rarest German orders in existence. If it is the genuine article, you got the bargain of the century! My concern was that it is a Rothe copy since this is one of the orders listed in Rothe's listing of reproductions offered in the 1970s.

Edited by garfordhouse

I noticed that Herr Medalnet purchased this item on eBay, and I say to him: You are much bolder and braver than I would have been! The eBay seller you purchased this from has been selling science fiction DVDs and garbage disposals, and then all of sudden he is selling one of the rarest German orders in existence. If it is the genuine article, you got the bargain of the century! My concern was that it is a Rothe copy since this is one of the orders listed in Rothe's listing of reproductions offered in the 1970s.

"Nur den Mutigen gehört die Welt"

"Nur den Mutigen gehört die Welt"

Hmmmm, perhaps. But what is also true is that the wise ones learn everything they can before stepping forward.

Perhaps Herr Schulze asked the seller more serious questions or better photos before bidding?

Hi,

About this cross, like I don't have it in my hands to judge, I trust Andreas about this medal. He has such knowledge about orders to know if it is genuine or not.

Of course, for this medal we need the experience from Solomon who is the best collector about Lippe medals. He will probably needs weight and size to be sure.

Of course better photos of this medal will be much appreciate.

Christophe