News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question on the Order of the Crown of Hawaii

I have a question on the order of the Crown of Hawaii(Hawaii Ke Kalaunu) and perhaps one of the members can help me. I have in my collection a Grand Officer set of this order and I wondered how many of this class were awarded during the short span of existence of the order from 1882 till 1892. The set is cased and exists of a four pointed silver star with the cross in gold on it, and a 88mm wide sash (white with blue edges) without the cross as stipulated for the Grand officer. Any information on this order and the numbers awarded will be much appreciated.

Pieter

Thanks Jeff,

I guess this limitation only applied to Hawaiians and foreign recepients were excluded? Mine was awarded to a Japanese citizen. Since it existed for only ten years, I suppose the number of grand-officers actually awarded will probably be not so much more than the number you mentioned.

Pieter