News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PLEASE HELP ID Shoulder Boards (Pogoni)

dknyc71

Dear Fellow Forum Memebers,

Here is a wondeful grouping which surfaced not long ago from an antiquer who purchases material from estates in Great Britain. These are obviously effects of a former Colonel of the White Russian Army who ended up living and passing away in the UK. The shoulder boards appear to be crudely made (very common for White Russian Army) and are for the rank of Colonel. There is also a small metal pin-back jetton which is a miniature of the shoulder boards and is engraved on the back with the Colonel's initiatls and a date: 15th of May 1919. I was wondering which regiment or unit are these boards attributed to. Thanks to everyone in advance for their kind help. i will post an image of the entire grouping and then the shoulder boards.

Cheers,

Dave.

• 3 months later...

Hi Dave,

Nice grouping, I think this Polkovnik (= Colonel) belonged to the Azerbaijan army, the crescent and star are typical of this army which was mostly composed of muslims. Green is a sacred colour in islam.

Best regards

Bill

Dave;

It looks like a great little group. Nice assortment of items. Even kept the money?! Must have know it was worthless (at the time, to him)

I would really like to see some close-ups the items

What a wonderful grouping, any chance of enlargement of the photograph with the medal and other miniatures. You did really well there.

All the best,

Paul.