News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KHALKIN GOL 1939

Guest Rick Research

• Replies 137
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice award! I have a very similar one!

I did not pay 'silly money' for this badge, and the number on the plate was not an issue. Like I said, when I bought it, maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I just presumed they were all numbered like this.

I think it may be constructive to answer the above question as to if this badge has any manufacturing differences, which could substantiate a different maker. (and thus an issue number).

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Duplicate paperwork for long lost originals or

:speechless1: still issuing badges??????????????????

If so, they must have a CRATE of originals, because who has ever seen yucky new-made ones?

Unless those "fakes" are REALLY current low-bidder issue.....

Well, a lot of the badges that have recently come to market are flush-outs from the valuts of the state bank. (Like almost everything else seen in the last couple of years.)

Late issues or replacement documents? Could be either. Shall try to find out.

I still think the FAKES coming out of China are just that.

I found these pictures on a Russian forum and I thought I'd just post them here for discussion.

I hope they don't mind..

I'm not sure that this would qualify as a separate variation but it's interesting to see all the same.

The screwposts on these two KKG badges are of a different thickness. The one on the left has a 3mm screwpost and the one on the right is 2.5 mm.

Could you all take a look please, this might be fun to figure out...

I would check, but I'm ashamed :blush: to say I don't have a mirror rev. KKG

JC

PS. I just measured the Screwpost of my FB KKG and it's 4mm thick. This makes me think that the figures I mentioned above may be wrong although those are the correct figures according to the Russian forum. It sounds a little thin though. I could be wrong but 3.5mm and 4mm sounds more likely.

Thanks

Edited by fjcp

Guest Rick Research

Hard to be precise with a ruler, but mine is 2.5mm as well (at least, over 2 and under 3). But then mine is the only one to appear with the main Collaborative's STREET ADDRESS on the screw disk, too.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 months later...

I just got this document in, and something about it is bugging me....

It looks OK and is of the same type as the one Jan posted in post#39 of this thread, but the hand written Uighur is "weird". It just doesn't look right!

I've also never seen the date done in this way before and the signature is just plain sloppy.

Any thoughts?

JC

Awarded to Mr.Borisov #45455

Edited by fjcp

Ooooohhhhh, JC. I see cause for concern here (though I don't have any hope of reading bichig). Hope you don't mind, but I am sending this off to UB for comment.

It bothers me. A lot.

Thanks Ed.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's bothered by it....I hope the good doctor can shed some more light on the matter...

I must say that the source was not, let me be polite, reputable.

What are your thoughts on the one Jan posted???

The writing is equally bad and also has me concerned, although much less so than about mine.

JC