News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I am new to the Forum

I would like your opinion on this Star of the Prussia Red Eagle

I have it for a quite a while

It is much lighter in body then the very old WW1 and earlier Models

The dealer at the time of sale stated that it is WW2 period replacment Star for the WW1 veterans

It is marked by Paul Meybauer on the back and have a very slim pin

Graf

The Prussian orders (Red Eagle Order, Crown Order, House Order of Hohezollern) without swords are no war decorations. Therfore you will find not many of these awarded in WW1, and then for civil reasons. The higher classes, like the Red Eagle Order 1st class was given to defined ranks. In these ranks (like General der Infanterie/Artillerie/Kavallerie or Minister of the state) the awarded persons were in the age between 50 and 60 years. After 1918 there were no more awards of Prussian Orders besides the inofficial House Orders of Hohenzollern, given by the Ex-Kaiser in Doorn. IMHO it is hard to believe, that in the 1940ies there was a real demand of replacements of a Red Eagle Order breaststar. It is more probable, that these productions were made because of other reasons.

Regards, Komtur.

Hi Komtur,

Thank you for the information.

The time of production could be earlier- between WW1 and WW2.

i also suspect that these so called replacment Orders were more likely made for other purposes - like display or for Museums, or/and by order of the family for personal display etc. I do not know

I have seen this particular Star on Ebay.de two times for sale as 100% Original for as much as 2850 Euro

I forgot to mention that the Star is marked on the back P.Meybauer Berlin SW 68

It is 80 mm in diameter The body is much lighter then the WW1 and earlier periods Stars

I also bought it as "Original " replacment three years ago.in the beginiing of my collecting I did pay for it 250 Euro

Regards

Graf

I know this kind of stars, and my father used to have one at some time, too. I believe them to be 1920s or 30s, but not replacements for reals wearers of real orders.

I guess they were rather amde for theater or film. The crafsmanship is extremely poor, compared to the real ones.

With 250,- Euro, you made no mistake. But with 2850 Euro, you would have made one. ;o)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Saschaw,

Thank you for the information

It is of a good help. Actually I paid $300 at that thime, which was less than 250 EURO, therfore it looks that it was the right price.

Since an Original Star costs much more I keep this one for the moment

I hope other members will come with more information

Regards

Graf