News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Décoration militaire

TacHel

• 2 weeks later...

One more question but this time dealing with the palm on the war time issue decoration...

I recently purchased this one (Leopold III 1934 - 1952) but the palm doesn't have the proper royal cypher. Is this a variant or is this palm completely wrong for this cross?

Edited by TacHel

• 2 years later...

Well, I think I have a bit of a mixed soup here...

Ribbon for "Décoration Militaire pour Acte de Courage et de Dévouement"

A 2. Class pendant

And a 1. Class box...

So, what do I really have here? Is this a mixture or is this the right combination?

Sorry mate, the box is for the Industrial Decoration 1st class (Décoration Industrielle / Nijverheids-Ereteken).

Regards,

Hendrik

Yea, I knew it was not the correct box. Thanks for the identification.

Do the medal and ribbon go together? I think, yes; I've looked at the reference web pages (but don't read French).

Edited by Hendrik

Do the medal and ribbon go together? I think, yes; I've looked at the reference web pages (but don't read French).

Yes, they go together very well :)

The Military Decoration and The Military Decoration (Article 4)

Awarded to Belgian's armed forces noncoms or other ranks for either long service or for acts of bravery or distinguished service (Article 4).

The Military Decoration was instituted on 22 December 1873 and early in the 20th century, a division into two classes was decreed. The 2nd Class decoration is awarded after 10 years of service, a further 5 years entitles the recipient to wear a gilt chevron on the ribbon, indicating a 1st Class award. If awarded for bravery or distinguished service (Article 4 of the decoration's statutes), the long service ribbon is changed to a red one bordered by the national Belgian colours. In case of an award for war-time related acts, a silver palm with the royal monogram is affixed on the ribbon.