News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officer with China and Kriegerverdienst

Here is a new photo in my collection, if i´m not wrong he has EKII, Kriegeverdienst , DA , and China with a bar ?

Does anyone have a clue from what regiment he is or something else

Regards from Sweden

Christer

Edited by christerd

And a closeup of the bar

Hmm, I see now on the closeup :cheeky: That the second award probably is a Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen insted of the smaller Mezz .....

sorry for the wrong topic name :blush: but the scanner is fantastic showing details sometimes .

Christer

Edited by christerd

Very nice picture. Congratulate!

But it is a "Militärehrenzeichen" 2nd class and not an "Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen"! Such portraits are rarer to find than those with the combination "MEZ II" and the German-Southwest-africa medal.

Best wishes

Karsten

Sorry for that misunderstanding. But your guy received his MEZII for his service in China and he is wearing the china-medal.

I meant only that the combination MEZ II + China-medal rarer is than MEZ II and Southwestafrica-medal.

Best wishes

Karsten

Hello,

no it´s not the same man! I have the same picture in my collection and this guy received his MEZ II for his service in German-Southwestafrica.

Here is a closeup of his medalbar and you will see the differences.

By the way Jens is correct. Your guy is a member of the Seebataillon. Can you read the battle clasp? There are only the following few posibilities:

Kaumi, Nan-Hung-Men, Liang-Hsiang-Hsien and Tientsin

Best wishes

Karsten

Edited by Leutwein