News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Indochina Campaign Medal

Dolfek

Hello everyone,

I´m after an Indochina campaign medal, and I would like to know your expert opinion about this one.

I know modern examples have less details and have a much lighter colour, almost a gold finish.

So, my question is: Is this medal a period manufactured piece, from the early 1950´s (even though you could purchase it later), but made on the late days of the Indochina conflict?

The picture is not very good, but I hope it shows my answer.

Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

This medal certainly looks like a period piece, not necessarily a Paris Mint stricking. I have the very same.

True connoisseurs will tell you more. There are also a number of home-made Indochineese medals; veterans of that conflict are very avid collectors of all varieties.

Hope you get more detailed information from other members.

Best regards

Veteran

Thanks very much for your quick replay.

About the dragon being different colour, I didn´t realise until you mentioned it. Yes, it could be a replacement.

Once again, thanks very much.

Best regards,

Dolfek.