Identification of Lw Knight's Cross holder

Because I cannot find any specific topic about identification of unknown photos of KC holders, I will put mine here and rely on the moderator to correct it, if necessary.

I have this portrait of a (yet) unidentified Lw Lieutenant. On the lapel he wears a small badge depicting the Infantry Sturmabzeichen (could this be a Squadron badge, or is is just a Spendenabzeichen?). Can any one identify this man, please?

2qibptw.jpg

I'm no good at identifying people but if the IAB lapel pin is a staffel badge then it would indicate that he is a ground attack pilot. I know that some aircraft of SchG 2 used that insignia on their Hs-129 aircraft in mid-1942 and their are pleny of photos of Hs-123 aircraft from earlier in the war also showing that insignia.

If it is someone from 'Immelman' and he won it while with them then maybe he is listed on this site. Just expand the search, select Luftwaffe and in the box labelled Einheit put Immelman - unfortunately they don't all have pictures...

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de

Edited by hucks216

• 1 month later...