Members Experiences with CARSTEN ZEIGE Auction House In Hamburg ~ Your Feedback Requested

Have any of the members here had any dealings with Carsten Zeige Auctions? Would enjoy hearing about your experiences, positive or otherwise. Most importantly, do they stand behind their merchandise?

They always seem to have a nice array of Imperial German orders, decorations, badges, etc. From what I can tell, they are very thorough about identifying post 1918 collectors copies in their catalog.

Have any of the members here had any dealings with Carsten Zeige Auctions? Would enjoy hearing about your experiences, positive or otherwise. Most importantly, do they stand behind their merchandise?

They always seem to have a nice array of Imperial German orders, decorations, badges, etc. From what I can tell, they are very thorough about identifying post 1918 collectors copies in their catalog.

I have known Carsten for many years. He is very amiable and is happy to answer questions on lots. I would contact him personally he speaks several languages including English fluently.

Paul

Paul, Many thanks for your input about Carsten Zeige. I have taken your advice and written to him about some of his offerings. I have decided that it makes no sense to deal with any entity other than a reputable auction house or dealer who stands behind the authenticity of his merchandise given the alarming number of imperial fakes, some of which can fool even the experts. Carsten's buyer's premium is a bit higher than the norm... 23% plus shipping and handling.

Paul, Many thanks for your input about Carsten Zeige. I have taken your advice and written to him about some of his offerings. I have decided that it makes no sense to deal with any entity other than a reputable auction house or dealer who stands behind the authenticity of his merchandise given the alarming number of imperial fakes, some of which can fool even the experts. Carsten's buyer's premium is a bit higher than the norm... 23% plus shipping and handling.

I think you've chosen the best option. While I am sure that Carsten has never knowingly sold fakes (unless they are described as such). It is possible that he has been fooled on the odd occasion. Providing he is prepared to guarantee his pieces so that if you can prove that they are wrong you are able to get a refund. 23% seems to be standard in Germany I believe Andreas Thies charges a similar premium.

All the best,

Paul

I collect Soviet awards and there are a lot of fakes at this auction. Few years back, I bought few lots from this auction house for about $3000 total. Paid $50 for the shipping, and they sent me the badges in the regular envelope without packaging them and no registration.