News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

The MAX has come and gone for another year but this year I was able to attend. Lots of changes since I last attended the MAX. The new location in the Monroeville Convention Centre works ok location wise because it is right next to the Double Tree hotel where the MAX used to be held. I was dimayed to see a number of empty tables on Friday morning. Considering dealers had all day Thursday to set up I don't see any excuse for that. There were also items with no militaria connection on some tables such as Russian nesting dolls, jewellery and one half row of table with geiger counters. Despite these small hickups I had two good days at the show and managed to add some DDR items to my collection. This came as a surprise because there is usually very little DDR militaria at the MAX.

On Friday I bought a cream coloured navy gesellschaft jacket with naval third year student boards which probably do not belong on the jacket but since I don't have a set they will fit in quite nicely. On Saturday I went back to the same seller and bought a dark blue pair of wool breeches and a pair of woman's green with a darker green stripe down the outside of each leg. Both are MdI marked. We are still travelling so I haven't had time to go over them for markings. I'll post pictures etc once we get home around mid October.

Now on to some photos of the MAX 2011.

Edited by Gordon Craig

#2 All the pictures I took were in the first hall when you entered the convention centre. In this photo if you look right down the aisle the white board on the far wall is over the doorway to the second hall.

Edited by Gordon Craig

Gordon, great pics! Many thanks for sharing! :jumping: :jumping: Question... do you feel the money was flowing fairly well during the show or did you see signs that the economy was limiting what folks were spending? :unsure: We've been discussing this in another thread so I'd be interested in knowing how things went at the MAX in this regard. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptmann

Dan,

I saw some large bundles of cash change hands. A friend sold a TR Political cap for $5,500.00. This solds like a lot but the hat was a rare one. To me, there was something for everyone at the MAX. That being said, you needed to have money to buy. It has always been "MAX prices" here which tend to be above what you might find elsewhere. I haven't been for many years so I wasn't up on the l;atest prices or what might be available. I'll be better prepared to buy the next time I go.

Regards,

Gordon

Ok, more photos. I didn't most more yesterday because I was in a small motel in West Vriginia and communications from the motel was poor. Took forever to load one picture. These next photos are from my second day at the MAX on Saturday. Nothing unusual that day but this was a day or slowly scanning the table to see what I had missed the day before.

Regards,

Gordon