Again! What have you from this smaller state? Show us what you have! Another little Duchy that it's pretty hard to find pieces from! Got Schwarzburg?

Hi Stogie,

Here's my Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen Kreuz der 3. Klasse mit Eichenbruch (OEK 2786).

Obverse:

... and here's a medal bar coming from your collection that I bought from you (thanks again for the sweet deal :P:beer: ).

Medals' description:

? Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 1909)

? Silberne Medaille Verdienst im Kriege 1914 (OEK 2833)

? Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer (OEK 3803)

? Schlesisches Bew?hrungsabzeichen ?Schlesicher Adler?, 1. Stufe, bruniert (OEK 3299)

? Preussen, DA 2. Modell, 1913-1920, 1. Klasse f?r den Soldatenstand nach 15 Dienstjahren (OEK 1974)

? Polizei-DA, 2. Stufe f?r 18 Jahre (OEK 3527)

The very odd thing about this bar is that the Silesian Eagle is a nice 1st class piece mounted as it was 2nd class.

Medal bar, obverse and reverse for your enjoyment.

ciao,

Claudio

I remember that one! Between Schwarzburg and Polizei 18 it was one very sweet bar! If I remember, I didn't even realize the Silesian Eagle was a 1.kl. Badge!

Oh yeah. There was a superb 4-place Frack in Germany last week with the 4th. Kl. Cross, no swords in last place. Had it on my "watch list" but he canceled the bids and closed the auction. it was memorable as the 3rd. place order had been stripped off. First Place was a NC EK2, next a Prussian Red Cross Third Class, blank and then the Schwarzburg cross. We suspect the missing piece was a Sax-Weimar White Falcon 1st. (!!!).

I wonder where that bar disappeared to?

Almost forgot. Excellent little Group Mr. Danner. Anything mounted from Schwarzburg is very special! Nice matching ribbon bar!

Hi,

My Schwarzburg Ehrenkreuz 3. Kl m. X (SE3X)

Regards

Christophe

...and a spare silver gilt oak leaf:

Edited by medalnet

I just like Heiko on this one! I too only have two examples from this tiny principality---a ribbon bar and a medal bar.

Consider this, how many of have you seen mounted on medal bars or on ribbon bars in the past year or more? They're "scarce" as our Chairman says.

This is all I have. :(

Don

The reverse.

Don