News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luxemburg Orders, Decorations and Medals

Oaken Crown

Here is a very early example of a grand cross star made by the court jeweller A.F. Bron (one of the earliest types of Bron, still without plastic execution of the belt sanding at the oaken wreath).

Regards

Matthias

Oaken Crown

Superb example of the Officers Cross. Made by the (most talented) court jeweller Adrien Frederic Bron between 1858 and 1862 (this model was further-manufactured in the same form later by Becht and Elbers).

and the Military Medal (M?daille Militaire), the highest military decoration of the Grand-Duchy and awarded for exceptional distinguished military achievements. Churchill, Montgomery, Eisenhower were among the recipients. Spink & Son manufacture once again ...

[attachmentid=24885] [attachmentid=24886]

My final one : the Order of Resistance 1940-1944. Two classes were created : a medal and a cross. It would appear that only the cross was ever awarded and possibly only posthumously.

[attachmentid=24891] [attachmentid=24892]

• 3 weeks later...

I have still one more....

Oaken Crown

Magnificient early example of the sash badge of the Grand Cross. Made by court jeweller Adrien Frederic Bron most likely before 1850 (this model type was definitively only manufactured by Bron. This type were not further-manufactured by Becht and Elbers).

• 2 years later...
    • 1 year later...

Exquisite ! Great quality one !!!

To my knowledge Galère was a shop in Brussels and would thus procure the decoration from a manufacturer.

Regards,

Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik,

There is a mark on the ring but I can't make it out at all...

So Hendrik, could the box be original, or is it more likely to have been added later?

I am a starting out collector and am still learning a lot.

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Ramon

Edited by OvBacon

Hello Ramon,

The box probably wasn't the one originally used for the decoration. The mark on the ring would be interesting if one could decypher it : manufacturer's mark ? Silver content mark ?

Cheers,

Hendrik