News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luxemburg Orders, Decorations and Medals

Hello Ramon,

The box probably wasn't the one originally used for the decoration. The mark on the ring would be interesting if one could decypher it : manufacturer's mark ? Silver content mark ?

Cheers,

Hendrik

Seller claims it was original issue box, and it looks like the mark is a silver content mark.

sorry for the un-sharpness.

mark.jpg

WOW... I have to post this.

The last two photo's are from a medal I was going to get from http://www.najafcoins.com/, and after some back and forth negotiation we agreed on a price.

They told me they would sell and ship it to me for price "a".... then after I asked for a certificate of authenticity they responded kinda irritated with, Why would anyone fake a order of this price

To which I kindly responded that there are fakes of so many orders that you might not expect, but that I wasn't thinking this would be fake, I just want to have a written authenticity for the future.. its just good to have for no extra cost..

Then when I asked for some additional photo's to determine the quality they stated I got a reply that the offer was gone and I was only able to get it for the price on their site...

And he just wrote me, and I quote: "Buy your medals some place else where they are not suspicious, we are done"

I wasn't suspicious before but after a response like that to a question of some additional photo's and never implying that it even could be fake, I am getting suspicious.

R

Ha, look at the great quality of those oak leaves ... yummy ! Can we see the complete bar please ?

And while I'm asking, could someone post a picture of the current Luxembourg medal for participation in peacekeeping missions ? I believe it's called "Médaille de Reconnaissance pour Mission à l'Etranger"

Cheers,

Hendrik

Edited by Hendrik

Ha, look at the great quality of those oak leaves ... yummy ! Can we see the complete bar please ?

Cheers,

Hendrik

Here is the complete bar. Paul Tornow was wearing the bar until he died in Metz 1921.

Regards Seeheld

WOW... I have to post this.

The last two photo's are from a medal I was going to get from http://www.najafcoins.com/, and after some back and forth negotiation we agreed on a price.

They told me they would sell and ship it to me for price "a".... then after I asked for a certificate of authenticity they responded kinda irritated with, Why would anyone fake a order of this price

To which I kindly responded that there are fakes of so many orders that you might not expect, but that I wasn't thinking this would be fake, I just want to have a written authenticity for the future.. its just good to have for no extra cost..

Then when I asked for some additional photo's to determine the quality they stated I got a reply that the offer was gone and I was only able to get it for the price on their site...

And he just wrote me, and I quote: "Buy your medals some place else where they are not suspicious, we are done"

I wasn't suspicious before but after a response like that to a question of some additional photo's and never implying that it even could be fake, I am getting suspicious.

R

Hello Sir,

You're not alone to have been in trouble with chalabiani,he responded ounce extremely rough to a request.And as I replied him that his business ability should apply him for Nobel Prize Economy category "Pizza - Ice Cream" he then threatened me.....

Actually this person know absolutely nothing in Orders & Medals,as he ever "copy" the catalogue description from the auction catalogue in which he buy his medals.He's a total 0 with an agressive and arrogant behaviour.

By the way there is no fake of Oak Crown and the one he has on his web site is of course a real one.

Just recently one sided extremely poor made one's by Gode have surfaced in Germany as "collector set".You've certainly seen them on ebay Germany and even sometimes on ebay.com.

The most copied Luxembourg award is the Military Medal and also some recently made War Cross WWII.

Original War Cross WWII are of dark bronze & have very sharp details.

Emmanuel

Hello Sir,

You're not alone to have been in trouble with chalabiani,he responded ounce extremely rough to a request.And as I replied him that his business ability should apply him for Nobel Prize Economy category "Pizza - Ice Cream" he then threatened me.....

Actually this person know absolutely nothing in Orders & Medals,as he ever "copy" the catalogue description from the auction catalogue in which he buy his medals.He's a total 0 with an agressive and arrogant behaviour.

By the way there is no fake of Oak Crown and the one he has on his web site is of course a real one.

Just recently one sided extremely poor made one's by Gode have surfaced in Germany as "collector set".You've certainly seen them on ebay Germany and even sometimes on ebay.com.

The most copied Luxembourg award is the Military Medal and also some recently made War Cross WWII.

Emmanuel

Thank you Emmanuel,

I was actually not worried about it being fake, I wanted good quality photo's to determine its quality.

I did however had some doubt about the originality of the case, but this all was by no means a deal breaker.

When I asked for some additional photo's and didn't hear back I got a bad feeling (since they had been responding pretty quick before that).

And when I inquired again I got a rely that our agreed price didn't stand any more and that I was going to have to pay more...

So with the info obtained on this forum about them I can only assume they didn't actually have the medal there and were therefore unable to give the specific photo angle I had asked for.

He must have known that by breaking our agreement I was going to walk away.

I can say that I will never do business with them again, just out of principal.

• 1 month later...

Hello Sir,

Emmanuel

I can sign & agree all the previous opinions regarding Najaf Coins.

Jani

I can sign & agree all the previous opinions regarding Najaf Coins.

Jani

Yep, I decided to "of course" not go with them and went to emedals. I really do appreciate the way emedals communicates..