News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian WWI commemorative medal for civialns

Greetings gentlemen,

I would like to present you pictures of the WWI commemorative medal for civilinas in a mint condition along with the the original bag.

This is not my field of intrest so I would like to ask couple of questions. On the internet I have found that near 250 000 of these medals were awarded in total,

but nowhere have I found how many of these with white stripe on the ribbon were awarded. It that number known?

Second thing, could someone please tell me what would be today's price of this medal in such a great shape along with the bag. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Paja

Edited by paja

No one knows how many civilian medals were given, but it's certainly rarer than military version.

As for the price - I've seen them selling around $50, possibly more as it comes with original envelope.

Edited by new world

Anytime! :whistle:

It looks like envelope is generic one, covering all types of medal.

I have this medal as part of a group. There's a special note in the award document specifying that ribbon is with white stripe.

Edited by new world

Yes, it looks like that. And on the envelope is a picture of regular type of ribbon, with no stripe in the middle. Do you maybe have this medal with a black stripe on the ribbon?

I guess that they must be the rarest... What's interesting to me about this particular medal on the pictures above is the way that (most probably) the person who recieved this medal

took a pin and turned it into a little hook that helps him attach the medal on his chest.