Sniper... Magazine extensions... and bundled grenades....

Very nice photo!

... perhaps if you could get better scans of these details - we have a unit and name

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-1062-0-77267400-1318713969.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-1062-0-06691000-1318714144.jpg

Edited by Naxos

Indeed.

BTW, I've seen other pics on eBay showing Landsturm soldiers in quiet sectors, being completely dressed up as real storm troopers with top equipment before. Either they could get that kind o equipment easier because of the quiet sectors (and the small danger of it being captured by enemy raids) or they loved more being photographed with it...

Indeed.

BTW, I've seen other pics on eBay showing Landsturm soldiers in quiet sectors, being completely dressed up as real storm troopers with top equipment before. Either they could get that kind o equipment easier because of the quiet sectors (and the small danger of it being captured by enemy raids) or they loved more being photographed with it...

Hi,

many of these older units (Vogesen, St Mihiel etc) has specially picked and trained Sturm units (From the younger guys, or any who did not have back problems or haemerhoids). It was figured that unlike Active or Reserve Divisions, you cant grab just any 30 Landsturm guys for a raid. So I suppose it is these units being photographed.

Also, being quieter zones, there would have been more time.

Best

Chris

• 2 years later...

Indeed.

I think also in certain sectors photography was forbidden, or the soldiers had to have special permits for cameras,

Best

Chris