News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

La Caridad. Carlist award or Isabel's?

Veteran

This medal is related to the Spanish Order of Charity. Beautiful medal that appears to be an old piece with incredible workmanship. I can see why you added this to your collection. The Spanish order of Charity breast stars have the same "La Caridad" written on them.

http://www.liverpoolmedals.com/Order-of-Charity-Grand-Cross-breast-star-L15131.html

Regards,

Markus

Edited by Markus

Is not the same the Charlist "Medalla de la Caridad", Charity Medal, created the 9.10.1874 under the classes or types of:

- Gold Cross

- SIlver Cross

- Bronze Medal

More samples

http://coleccionesmilitares.com/medallas/texto/carlistas.htm

That the "Orden Civil de Beneficencia" Civil Order of Mercy, created in the Reign of the Queen Isabel II by royal order of 28.3.1856

- 1st Class with plaque

- 2nd Class

- 3rd Class

More items:

http://coleccionesmilitares.com/medallas/texto/beneficencia.htm

Best regards

Thank you very much for the useful information received from both of you. I really appreciate.

Antonio, according to the pictures you sent, my impression is that the cross I showed is the Carlist 3rd class Caridad badge. Was that an order ? If so, for how long would you think it was awarded? I am, of course, trying to establish its relative rarity and I cannot remember seeing one on sale.

Best regards

Veteran

Thank you very much for the useful information received from both of you. I really appreciate.

Antonio, according to the pictures you sent, my impression is that the cross I showed is the Carlist 3rd class Caridad badge. Was that an order ? If so, for how long would you think it was awarded? I am, of course, trying to establish its relative rarity and I cannot remember seeing one on sale.

Best regards

Veteran

It is a Carlist decaration ' La Caridad', Comes in 4 classes Cruz en Oro, Cruz en Plata, Medalla en Oro and Medalla en bronze (silver variations are seen) All the badges are badges so the piece you have is the 2nd Class or Cruz en Plata, all insignia of this decoration are rare and I would have thought your piece would be worth between 1,000 and 1,500 euros.

All the best,

Paul

Thank you, Paul.

You are, as usual, fast and informative.

Your assessment is very encourageing. It also is a nice surprise. I remember quite well falling for that small badge at the Paris flea-market in the mid-60s and picking it up just because it looked so attractive. But it was a long way from French ODM I was then discovering, and it went into the back of a drawer.

I hope you enjoyed the London meeting as much as I did. It was nice seeing you there.

Very best regards

Paul