News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TR Bar with two Romanian medals with pics

Here's the bar as promised. Could someone be specific on the differences between the WWI and WWII medal that I need to get to replace the lost one? I think, but am not sure that the WWI suspensions were more like thin rings. Am I correct? Were there different mints making them as I've also seen different "fonts" on the reverses. Lastly do I need to be concerned about fakes? Thanks in advance.

All the very best,

:jumping:

Here are a bronze and gold Medalia "Bărbăţie şi Credinţă" side by side for size/suspension/font/etc/ comparison. I honestly don't remember which was which, but one is the WW1 version and one the WW2. I am several hundred miles from my collection, so I can't get better images.

Here are a bronze and gold Medalia "Bărbăţie şi Credinţă" side by side for size/suspension/font/etc/ comparison. I honestly don't remember which was which, but one is the WW1 version and one the WW2. I am several hundred miles from my collection, so I can't get better images.

I think the left one is the WWII version as all the WWI bars have the thin ring suspension of the one on the right and the bar had the swords on it like the one on the left; complete with the cylindrical suspension. I've removed them so that when I find a medal like the one you have pictured on the left, I will replace it. Thanks for the pics. What I would like to know is how should the reverse look? I've seen some really thin lettering and even at angles that seems strange to me. Does anyone know what the WWII reverse should look like?

Reverses of gold, silver and bronze:

Also, as you may have noticed, I took pictures of these all with the same ribbon. I think all but one of my Medalii Barbatie si Credinta came without ribbons. I am pretty sure I have all six - gold, silver and bronze from both wars - but as I said, I don't have my collection at hand.

Edited by Dave Danner

BTW, does anyone have any ideas as to why the recipient would have two Romanian medals. I have read that both were awarded for bravery, and that they would have been given to NCOs on down. Is that true? Without the Russian medal, would this man have been in the Balkins? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I believe the Romanian S.C. Medal was more of a military merit award, than an award for bravery.

As for where and why he got them, hard to say, many Romanian awards were given to Germans,

and vice-versa prior to the Romanians changing sides.

Kevin in Deva.

I believe the Romanian S.C. Medal was more of a military merit award, than an award for bravery.

As for where and why he got them, hard to say, many Romanian awards were given to Germans,

and vice-versa prior to the Romanians changing sides.

Kevin in Deva.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. How about the preceding Romanian medal. What was that awarded for?

Thanks again in advance!!!

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. How about the preceding Romanian medal. What was that awarded for?

Thanks again in advance!!!

I

We seem to have a crossed wire, the Barbatie si Credinta (loosely translates too Manhood & Loyalty)

was awarded for Bravery, usualy to the non-commissioned ranks, the first Romanian medal is the Serviciu Credincious (which loosely translates to Credible Service) or in other words mertious service.

To late tonight to make pictures, but, I will add a picture of the Serviciu Credincious series tomorrow.

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva