News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Cross Mini Member's "Medal"

Dieter3

Well, I don't think this can truly be called a medal - not sure what to really call it! Here's a mini version of the basic member's medal, sans the ribbon obviously! The obverse relief is obviously not as detailed due to the size. I have no idea what the origins or details of this little piece is, it came to me unexpectedly. It's pretty dinky!!

The only reason I'd say it's not a true miniature (like with a ribbon and such) is that the ring is a pinch ring, and sized like the ones on the Russo-Japan war commemorative medallions. It's not the welded type, and I think too small to accommodate a ribbon. I wonder if it's more like a trinket for children or something like that?

I have seen actual mini's of the special (like on your site), the golden special, and the order of merit - cool stuff!

Interesting! I've seen other medallions on chains, but not mini-medals, they've always been ribboned. This one definitely couldn't accommodate a ribbon, so you guys could be right about the chain thing! It does seem like a high-quality piece, though I'm uncertain of it's construction, possibly silver, it seems fairly heavy.

Interesting! I've seen other medallions on chains, but not mini-medals, they've always been ribboned.

In fact you've seen.

You just forgot all about it :)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/40439-2600th-year-anniversary-miniature/

Cheers,

Nick

Yep. But still too small for the ribbon. I think this one is close relative of your piece. Only different manufacturer.

This is actually the piece from the chain that our collegue show us three year ago :)

P.S. We should get together in chart room one day mate. Perhaps today? :) At 1 o`clock AM (by Moscow time) and 2 o`clock PM (by SF time). Maybe even our collegues will join us. What do think?

Edited by JapanX

P.S. We should get together in chart room one day mate. Perhaps today? :) At 1 o`clock AM (by Moscow time) and 2 o`clock PM (by SF time). Maybe even our collegues will join us. What do think?

I can try! But I am at work (I should actually do some...... :lol: ). My job has me in and out of the office, so not sure if I will be in office at 2:00PM but I will try!