News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am looking which regiment would be called "Regiment von Raven". It is probably an Infantry unit and probably from either 4th Ersatz Division, 19th Landwehr Division or 20th Landwehr Division (I think I see a 3.. number on some of the shoulder straps).

Any help is welcome!

What is your timeframe?

Maj. August Karl Julius Louis von Raven, in 1914 a Major on the staff of IR 163 and according to the Ehrenrangliste later commander of IR 49, was a battalion commander in IR 362 at the end of 1916. He may have later been regimental commander.

That would fit with what I have. I have apicture of an entrance to a camp in Flanders above which stands "L.M.W.Abt. Regt. von Raven" (leichte Minenwerfer-Abteilung Regiment von Raven). I guess the timeframe would be 1916-1917, so you suggestion seems to fit.

Thanks!