News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I know I'm getting a bit microscopic but I only noticed when taking photos for the competition. The marks around and below the lettering? Not something I'd seen before - mind you, I never looked so closely before :rolleyes:

It's not like these things are expensive or anything so why would someone try to fake them? Just interested I suppose.

Edited by Spasm

• 2 months later...

Hello.. would you happen to have a picture of the edge??? This looks odd to me but I am not expert.. I just looked at mine and it appears to have more of a "stamped" look

The only thing I can tell you about lower priced items being faked is that a counterfeiter can get away longer with counterfeiting $5 bills than $100 bills...

Again, not saying yours is a fake but would love to see the edge.

just my two cents..

Thank you,

Scott

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

I would say that looks to be a Zinc casting not a stamping? And it kind of looks like the lettering was EDMed (electric discharged machining) into the casting cavity as opposed to engraved or cut into the casting cavity face? Stamped letters are very sharp and look different under a glass.

thanks

michael