News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fakes: quality (slowly and not expertly) is on the raise

JapanX

The problem is that next owner of these beauties can try to sell them as originals ...

Yes. The new owner can tell. These medals have thickness more than 3 mm and weight is nearly 20 grams or more. The new buyer will take away difference in the image. Real medal of the Constitution of very thin 1,87-1,9 mm. The medal with a ring and without a tape weighs 11 grams.

• Replies 436
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. The new owner can tell. These medals have thickness more than 3 mm and weight is nearly 20 grams or more. The new buyer will take away difference in the image. Real medal of the Constitution of very thin 1,87-1,9 mm. The medal with a ring and without a tape weighs 11 grams.

Excuse for my English.
    I wanted to tell.
    Yes. I totally agree with these words (полностью согласен с этими словами): "The problem is that next owner of these beauties can try to sell them as originals .."
    The new owner can tell that it is the original. These medals more than 3 mm thick, and weight are made by about 20 grams and more. The new buyer will see a difference in the image. Present Constitution medal of very thin 1,87-1,9 mm. The medal with a ring and without a tape weighs 11 grams.

I do not buy these medals! Боже упаси!
    I live in Rostov-on-Don. Copies of these medals do in Stavropol. About 330 km. They were brought to our city club of collectors. I held them in my hands. I know a man who makes them. He sells them only as a copy.

Edited by Taganrog

I see!

Looks like we don't have any problems anymore...

P.S.

Where from this precious info came?

Did you buy one of these? :whistle:

Not necessary to me a copy of medals. I have the originals

You're Here, there already shown my medals

Constitution and the Crown Prince's visit to Korea

You're Here

You get that right! :lol:

there already shown my medalsConstitution and the Crown Prince's visit to Korea

Yes, it was very unfortunate.

I mean posting these photos of yours.

HUGE mistake.

In my defense - back then, I didn't know who I'm dealing with ...

Please feel free to ask moderator to remove them!

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

It seems that the same manufacturers that made the fake 2nd class rising sun, now faked the paulonian flowers breast star:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-of-the-Grand-Cordon-of-the-Order-of-the-Paulownia-Flowers-Japanese-WW-2-/301232811164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4622dfec9c

It isn't bad, it would be a good piece for people that Re-enact :D Although price seems, HUGE

It isn't bad, it would be a good piece for people that Re-enact :D Although price seems, HUGE

Oh, come on. Maybe for someone that never handled any order in his life the quality would be acceptable. But compared to the original this (luckily) is garbage. As the thread says "slowly and not expertly"

Pictures, guys.

You always forget the pictures :rolleyes:

Well, to be honest I was too lazy and I thought that you would do it, once you'd see the topic. :P

Seems I was right.

-

The second one is just hilarious. It was offered on YJ a short while ago, if remember correctly. I wonder what they did to the reverse...