News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Leutnant d. R. Walther Kühn (1894-1918)

Hi everybody,

Here is a photo of Leutnant d.R Walther Kühn (1894-1918) who served in the IR Nr. 104 and he was awarded the following awards :

- knight cross of St Henry

- gold medal of St Henry

- silver medal of St Henry

- knight cross 2nd cl with X of Albert

- iron cross 2nd class

- Lippe war merit cross

- iron cross 1st class

Here is the photo of our man

Christophe

Recently the medal bar of Kühn has been sold. Here is the photo from database, the bar doesn't belong to me, too bad. If the owner of this medal bar is here, please let me know and don't hesitate to show close upf of medals.

Christophe

This guy was taken prisoner in Wevelgem (where I live) an died as a prisoner. He is buried in Lyssenthoek Military Cemetery.

(May I ask where you got the pic? The book of the Goldene Militär-St-Heinrichs-Medaille has a smaller pic)

BTW, he also got the "allerhöchste Anerkennung Sr. Maj. des Königs von Sachsen (Ehrendiplom)".

(And he was from January to August 1917 in the German-created Polish Army)

Quite some guy!

Look here: http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/hhm58.pl?f=NR&c=94625&t=temartic_A_D&db=kat58_a.txt

The medal bar was sold for only 3.300 euros two years ago!!!! If you think of the uniqueness of the combination, it is a bargain... (especially if you compare this to a Victoria Cross or something similar...) Unbelievable...

• 9 months later...