News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please help to identify uniform!

Musashi

Dear Sirs,

I'm new to the forum, interested in Japanese militaria. Recently I obtained what I think is Administrative personnel of military police in the rank equal to colonel.

But it has unusual color sash and trouser-stripe which seems to be between blue and green.

May I ask you to help me and identify the certain service of its' owner? Thank you in advance!

P.S. Don't pay attention to the hat - it's from different set as this one I got without any hat.

I believe it's Administrative official because his shoulder-plates, sleeves and collar embroidery is double color: gold and silver

And I believe it's military police because the color of sleeve-ends and collar is blackm and as we know from Ritta Nakanishi book "Imperial Japanese uniforms 1930-1945" black color is for military police.

It is a uniform for an administrative official in the army as you guessed. However it is nothing to do with military police. All admin officials wore this type of uniform with the black on the cuffs and collar, irrespective of the army of service to which they were attached.

These are harder to find than the army officer dress uniforms but are generally not as popular with collectors.

Dear Paul, thank you very much. So it can be an accountant or a doctor?

How about the sash color? Mine is between blue and green, but I saw also pure-blue and what I think was brown. What shall it mean? Is there any good reading materials in English for reference, except for Nakanishi?

Best regards, Dmitry

Thanks again! By the way, do you know what year does this uniform belong to? Again, according to Nakanishi I always thought that's model of 1930, but at your pictures here I saw the same uniform of earlier period, 1910 for example...