News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wound Badge Evolution

JapanX

So for oval merit badges, the design of obvers is the same. For reverse - kanji, evidently, differ depending on event?

Yes.

Do boxes also differ depending on event (year)?

To tell you the truth this is the very first time that I see a box for this type of badge ;)

Presumably, for merit badges with design of Military Merit Badge the situation is the same?

Exactly the same.

Edited by JapanX

• 3 weeks later...

Another interesting doc for type 4.1 badge for our gallery.

This one was issued to Ueno Taichi on April 18, 1942.

He was born Meiji 12 [1879] and received a battle wound badge during 1904-5 Russia War.

He got the wound in the area of Jinzhou District, near Dalian (Port Arthur) .

Port Arthur related wound!

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

But not only prefectures but sometimes city-level branches and even factory-level branches issued their own wound badges.

Like this beautiful Nakajima company badge.

Speaking of "factory-level branches". 1/ Was Nakajima the only company, issued it's own wound badges?

2/ As soon as English transcription is "Badge for help to Disabled War Veterans", then who where recipients of that badges? Not Disabled War Veterans themselves?

1/ Was Nakajima the only company, issued it's own wound badges?

Nakajima is the only "company badge" that is known to me, but of course there could be others.

2/ As soon as English transcription is "Badge for help to Disabled War Veterans"

Actually this is english translation from russian translation (second Rozanov book ;)) from japanese :whistle::lol:

It would be nice to have direct translation of the reverse inscription in post #117...

e

Actually this is english translation from russian translation (second Rozanov book ;)) from japanese :whistle::lol:

It would be nice to have direct translation of the reverse inscription in post #117...

Indeed! May be japanese fellows could help with direct tranlation and, besides, share ideas about recipients of the badge?

Thanks to my favorite japanese fellow Oleg :beer: we have translation of reverse

傷痍軍人保護章 badge for help (patronage) to disabled war veterans

中島飛行機大田製作所 Nakajima factory in Oda

第611号 - # 611

Edited by JapanX

Thanks to my favorite japanese fellow Oleg :beer: we have translation of reverse

傷痍軍人保護章 badge for help (patronage) to disabled war veterans

中島飛行機大田製作所 Nakajima factory in Oda

第611号 - # 611

With your permission, Nick, I also would like to thank your japanese fellow Oleg for translation. So, forgive my persistence, still recipients of the badge remain to be specified. May be, it is not that somebody helped disabled war veterans and Nakajima issued badge to thank that somebody. I suppose, the badge's recipients were disabled war veterans - employees of Nakajima, and the badge was issued to express company's patronage to that veterans. ?

Peter.