News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentlemen!

I have recently bought this Bavarian medal bar with an interesting combo and some rare versions of awards: ЕК2 - Deschler-type (hallmark "800") and the seamless Bavarian Red cross medal with a fine gilding (It isn't consist of two parts as always). I like this medal bar, it seems to be the original one of the period of early 30th. The style of sewing is easily recognised, there is a typical "silk" lining.

But what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance :beer:

Dear Gents, many thanks for your replies! :beer: The question is that one of the members of this forum considers that it's the "Austrian fake". He ostensibly saw it on sale on Ebay at "am-militaria" three years ago (maybe somebody else remembers this medal bar on offer of this seller?). Personally I don't see any sign of a fake here. It is absolutely not similar to "am-militaria's production".

Edited by Sergio

That is a VERY interesting bar. I would LOVE to paw this one. I think it's original, but what makes me pause and stare is the bars' story- made @ 1925-35 showing the owner to have been a serving BRK member in 1914-1918 with a minimum of 20 years service in the BRK. ...easily doable if he'd joined in @ 1910. What makes me wonder is "what uniform was he wearing in 1914-18"? We know that BRK/DRK members got EKs occasionally...but what about BMVKxs?

That is a VERY interesting bar. I would LOVE to paw this one. I think it's original, but what makes me pause and stare is the bars' story- made @ 1925-35 showing the owner to have been a serving BRK member in 1914-1918 with a minimum of 20 years service in the BRK. ...easily doable if he'd joined in @ 1910. What makes me wonder is "what uniform was he wearing in 1914-18"? We know that BRK/DRK members got EKs occasionally...but what about BMVKxs?

VtwinVince, Sacha and Ulsterman, thanks for your replies!

I have got the medal bar, ribbon bar and the Militarpass of bavarian sergeant Friedrich Roeder who was mobilized in Bay.Landw. I.R. № 4 in August, 1914. Later he served in Armee Starkstrom Abteilung №16 and Bay. Starkstrom-Komp. №133.

After the WWI he was the fireman. Thus he has 3 awards of the Bavarian Red cross, including the medal "Fuer Verdienst im Kriege 1914-18" and the Cross for 20 years in BRK.

There is no any traces of his medical or sanitary activity in WWi in his militarpass.

These awards were given not only for work in BRK, but also for membership in this organization.

I will start another topic and I will show this medal bar and pages of Roeder's militarpass.

Edited by Sergio

VtwinVince, Sacha and Ulsterman, thanks for your replies!

I have got the medal bar, ribbon bar and the Militarpass of bavarian sergeant Friedrich Roeder who was mobilized in Bay.Landw. I.R. № 4 in August, 1914. Later he served in Armee Starkstrom Abteilung №16 and Bay. Starkstrom-Komp. №133.

After the WWI he was the fireman. Thus he has 3 awards of the Bavarian Red cross, including the medal "Fuer Verdienst im Kriege 1914-18" and the Cross for 20 years in BRK.

There is no any traces of his medical or sanitary activity in WWi in his militarpass.

These awards were given not only for work in BRK, but also for membership in this organization.

I will start another topic and I will show this medal bar and pages of Roeder's militarpass.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/52159-bavarian-sergeant-friedrich-roeder/page__gopid__475834#entry475834