News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I saw it too. And I wanted to believe it was good. I don't know that it isn't a bad bar (double negative?) It looks like a good bar, but it had a "je ne sais quoi" that I didn't like. I don't know if it was the ribbon overlap or the hanger and stitching in the back.

This one was discussed extensively over at SDA, and the consensus was that it was either a complete fake, or a manipulated genuine bar. The medals are certainly real, but the combination is highly unlikely, especially the low Rising Sun at the end, which doesn't fit this bar.

This one was discussed extensively over at SDA, and the consensus was that it was either a complete fake, or a manipulated genuine bar. The medals are certainly real, but the combination is highly unlikely, especially the low Rising Sun at the end, which doesn't fit this bar.

"SDA"....what's the "SDA"

I saw it too. And I wanted to believe it was good. I don't know that it isn't a bad bar (double negative?) It looks like a good bar, but it had a "je ne sais quoi" that I didn't like. I don't know if it was the ribbon overlap or the hanger and stitching in the back.

This is how I felt. I could not put my finger on what it was. I did notice the stitching is a bit sloppy on the back.

Hello to all,

No doubt, there are some really nice orders and decorations on this bar. The ribbons all look good too. But, unfortunately, these beautiful pieces are tainted because they are stuck together on a concocted medal bar. In my opinion, this stands no chance of being a legitimate assembly. If I owned this bar, it would have to be taken apart. As Sergio mentions, the 1911 Prince Regent Luitpold Medal does not belong on this bar: Not when you have a Bavarian 24-Year Long Service Cross and even more so, the Kaiser Centenary Medal. The 1905 Prince Regent Luitpold Medal would have to be on this bar. I don't like the way the ribbons overlap on this bar either. The overlap should be from left to right, not from right to left. I also agree that the 7th Class Rising Sun is incorrect for this bar. We should see an Order of the Rising Sun 6th Class (or maybe even a 5th Class) depending upon what his rank was at the time. 8th and 7th Class were considered decorations and therefore went to enlisted ranks. 6th Class and up were considered orders and went to commissioned officers.

Best regards,

Tom