News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

All I've got is 1916's "Deutschlands Armee in feldgrauer Kriegs-und Fridens-Uniform" showing ALL Bavarian cavalry in the same piped on one side Ulanka tunics, Tafel VI.

BTW, Beyer's boards bear a crowned cipher, I can't tell 100th or 101st, but that must have been his permanent affiliation, detached to the 241st. he's wearing his parent unit's uniform while his buddy is wearing the current unit's.

To make up for uniform digressions, a couple more buttonholes:

a Baden regimental band Vizefeldwebel:

[attachmentid=24956]

and a mysterious Prussian (helmet plate very clear under cover) Major dR/dL (!!!) apparently on staff of 47th Saxon Infantry Brigade, no officer holding SA3aXmKr from Prussian on the published Roll :speechless:

[attachmentid=24961]

this photo is unfortunately well worn on the surface, because the focus was quite good-- it appears that both the EK2 and SA3aXmKr have been SEWN on to hang the way they do. Rather a bother for a snapshot!! Note also the particularly ugly "shrink-wrapped" medal bar KO4 and XX. Yuck!!!!!

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Sad isn't it... to think he gave all that up for Excellent Goatkeeping badges? :rolleyes::P

This one did NOT come from The Evil Twin Collection?

Karl Freiherr von Horn (1818-1896) as a Bavarian Generalmajor (?) circa 1871. Later General der Infanterie:

[attachmentid=24970]

Early for me, but I could not resist the Max Joseph. :ninja:

Rick,

I see what you mean. In this picture Gonnermann is wearing the 1908 version. You were looking at the 1916 Friedensuniform, which was a new design for this regiment. Confusing ain't it. ;)

Chip

Are you sure that's GONNERMANN? He should be wearing the Bavarian Ulanka style double breasted uniform of the 1st Heavy Cavalry Regiment!

I've got 4 of his award documents but never saw a photo of him before....

Hi Rick,

The scan shown below is a note on the back of the photo (post #23). This photo is one of a series of four which along with some other photos seem to indicate that this is our man.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Guest Rick Research

See what comes of our online Small World? One very large part of a split up group's owner (WC) and one very small part of same recipient's stuff owner (me) find out about each other's bits... here! :cheers:

Hi Rick,

Your Prussian wearing the SA3aXKr CAN ONLY BE a Mr. Kramer, more boring name I did not find. In 1914 Hauptmann der Landwehr in LwB Frankfurt / Main, received SA3aXKr 15.12.1915 as Major der Landwehr and Cdr. ArmierungsBtl 21, peacetime KO4 and LD1.

There were only a veeeery few SA3aXKr to dR / dL / dRaD / dLaD types and I could rule out all the others for different reasons.

Best regards

Daniel

Guest Rick Research

:jumping::cheers: Yup, MUST be him... though why he is wearing "47" on his shoulder boards, God alone now knows.

But we can now "improve" the Saxon Albert Rolls-- per the Orders Almanach-- Kramer, Gottfried. Born "8.35.6" (8 March 1856?) "st?dtl. Rechn. Direkt. Frankfurt am Main." Hauptmann dL (Inf). Lived at R?derbergerstra?e 172.

Gentlemen,

Although not awards, per se, I thought it appropriate to show the two custom buttonhole ribbon groups below. I believe that both were worn by Kaiser Wilhelm, at least the one on the right is so attributed; and I know that a full length picture of him wearing it exists somewhere, but unfortunately, I can not locate it.

Incidentally, this illustration comes from J?rg Nimmergut?s B?nderkatalog.

Yours truly,

Wild Card

• 10 years later...
    On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2006 at 03:47, Wild Card said:

Gentlemen,

Although not awards, per se, I thought it appropriate to show the two custom buttonhole ribbon groups below. I believe that both were worn by Kaiser Wilhelm, at least the one on the right is so attributed; and I know that a full length picture of him wearing it exists somewhere, but unfortunately, I can not locate it.

Incidentally, this illustration comes from J?rg Nimmergut?s B?nderkatalog.

Yours truly,

Wild Card

Ribbons_1.jpg

What are the award ribbons worn on the buttonhole here (fig.753)?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
    16 minutes ago, HeikoGrusdat said:

Andreas.... post N°40 is a very interesting combination....any more info of the man or the unit?

Hi Heiko,

unfortunately not, all I can tell is, that he is wearing MVK 1 X and MVK 2 X and

I think he is a Feldwebelleutnant

Heinrich Nehse

Mecklenburg-Schweriner VM "Dem redlichen Mann und dem guten Bürger"

Heinrich Nehse a.jpg

Heinrich Nehse c.jpg

unknown soldier 1870 with MVK2 Schwerin ans Strelitz

Schwerin-Strelitz 1a.jpg

Schwerin-Strelitz 1b.jpg

Schwerin-Strelitz 2a.jpg

Schwerin-Strelitz 2b.jpg

Bayern Tapferkeitsmedaille?

zimg176.jpg

zimg177.jpg

Edited by Homerjey

Here a nice Photo of an Obermaat of the Torpedoboots - Halbflotille

He wears the Ärmelabzeichen for Geschützführer 1. Klasse and Rohrmeister

DSCI3032-1.jpg

An an nother nice one - i like the small Head Badge ( 4. Armee, "4. Armee. Feldzug 1914-1915. Viribus unitis" ) and the award of the Eisernes Verdienstkreuz mit Krone am Kriegsband

DSCI7072-1.jpg