News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Converted Japanese Orders

JapanX

• Replies 71
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now something really interesting. Not only “straight” japanese orders became victims of modernization, but even their Manchukuo compatriots.

Please welcome converted 6th class order of auspicious clouds .

Edited by JapanX

• 2 weeks later...

But not all japanese orders were so lucky!

Some were converted not in jewelry workshop, but in prison camps after WW II.

Here is a nice example of such piece.

It was found couple of years ago in Kolyma near Hatynng-nah village during routine goldfield works (flushing of the sands on stream “red”). Probably it came from one of the prison camps that were there back in late 40s (from prisoner or guard). Just to give you a general idea about this place - today (14/12/11) temperature in Hatynng-nah village is - 38 °C (-36,4 °F).

Edited by JapanX

• 1 month later...

What was the purpose of this modernization? Let me remind you that it "had been converted into an obijime (accessory) for on the obihime (rope around the obi)."

What???

Obijime is a thin rope attached to an obi.

Obi is a kimono sash.

Ok, ok. Let's go visual!

I think you mean it was converted to an "obidome." I have several in my collection. Easier than collecting kimono! Lol.

• 10 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 9 months later...