News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heroic Firefighters and Police Officers Receive Ontario Bravery Medal

Four firefighters and five police officers will receive Ontario's top honours for bravery. The Ontario Medal for Firefighter Bravery and the Ontario Medal for Police Bravery are the province's highest honour in recognition of firefighters and police officers whose actions demonstrate outstanding courage.

The recipients of the Ontario Medal for Firefighter Bravery are:

§ Firefighter Dave Evans of the Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services

§ Firefighter Timothy Howson of the Timmins Fire Department Voluntary Brigade

§ Firefighter Jim Lavoie of the Timmins Fire Department

§ Firefighter Gilles Leduc of the Timmins Fire Department

The recipients of the Ontario Medal for Police Bravery are:

§ Provincial Constable Ken DeCloet of the OPP Norfolk County Detachment

§ Constable Brian Follis of the Owen Sound Police Service

§ Constable Michael Mavity of the Peel Regional Police

§ Constable Nicholas Moland-Osborne of the Timmins Police Service

§ Provincial Constable Jacques Thibeault of the OPP Russell County Detachment

Reference: http://news.ontario.ca/mcscs/en/2011/11/heroic-firefighters-and-police-officers-receive-top-honours-1.html

Jean-Paul

Hi Megan,

I had some technical issues with the website and kind of got away from it. Those issues have now been resolved, but when I look back at the huge amount of time taken by the website, I've decided to use this forum instead.

JP

• 4 weeks later...

And as I said on another Forum - they are greatly appreciated. Not everyone will be interested in every post - but, the information is there when - and if - required. The only thing I would say Jean-Paul is, don't be offended if the members don't answer you on every post - however, we would like you to continue. I suppose the interest generated will bear directly on the subject matter. Mervyn