News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1st Pattern JFS Nahkampfspange, Silver!

Thanks Tom, I feel very fortunate to have recently stumbled onto this badge. It's the centerpiece of my humble collection of badges and crosses. I've owned silver grade AGMUK and S&L Nahkampfspange's in the past, but this clasp IMO has better hardware for wear than the others, even though the other clasps were very nicely detailed and plated.

Edited by robert pierce

Hi Robert,

Yes, it's a "gem" for sure. I stumbled onto an excellent condition Silver FLL CCC with crimped hinge & catch, about a month ago at the O.V.M.S. Show in Wilmington. I bought it for cheap and sold it within five minutes of buying it, It was really nice! I should have kept it. :banger:

Best regards,

Tom

Yes, I know exactly how you felt. I've owned mint 2nd pattern JFS bronze Nahkampfspanges in the past and sold them. If I had kept all the makers I've had in my hands over the years I'd be sitting on a nice assortment of clasps today. Now I see worn bronze examples going for $450.00 and above. I can remember when mint silver clasps were selling for $350.00! I think we're going to see a day when these clasps will take a huge jump like the Juncker para's have, even more than we've seen in the last two years. I gave the seller of this silver JFS what he was asking, and he really didn't know what he had in his possession. I was plain lucky on this one. From the way he explained it he had a mixed bag of high-numbered GAB and PAB's, but they had already sold. This may have been his last piece, and it set on a small auction site for weeks he said.

Robert

I'll add this story of how the seller came across all of these combat badges. He purchased a large group of badges from the family of a deceased WWII US Army officer who had the job during the war of constructing P.O.W. camps to house captured German prisoners. The period was 1944-1945. He, the officer, traded cigarettes and food items to the German prisoners for their combat badges. It's a sad story, but true nonetheless.

Robert

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Thank you Jan,

Yes, this is a nice clasp, one to hang on to. Briefly looking through Tom's CCC book I believe these JFS's are a little longer than most other CCC clasps.

Now to find a good gold zinc CCC with some original finish remaining. They're getting harder to find by the month. But, like everything, one will turn up in time.

Robert