News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWI Austro-Hungarian Cap Badges

buellmeister

Gentlemen,

I have recently have recently purchased these Austro-Hungarian cap badges and was wondering if anyone could shed some additional light as to who wore them (artillery units) and to their value? I thank you ever so much for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

I can't say if these were worn by units or not, but I can say that nothing on them relate to a specific unit. The Skoda produced artillery pieces - 30,5cm Mörser and 42cm Haubitze - depicted on the badges were in several different Austrian KuK Festungsartillerieregiment and Schweres Artillerieregiment.

I believe only 8 or so 42cm Haubitze were produced. And less than 100 of the 30,5cm Mörser.

As for value, I can't really add much info. I've looked at a lot of Kappenabzeichen, but have discovered there are a lot of copies out there; so, I've been wary of purchasing. I like the look of the one in the link Chris provided and I bought one from eBay awhile back that was also in the 30 Euro range. Also, someone on GMIC awhile back was selling a lot of these Kappenabzeichen - they are in high demand if original and for particular units.

Edited by IrishGunner

Maybe some members with a more extensive postcard/photograph collection than mine can add someething about the wearing of Kappenabzeichen in general. I have only a couple postcards of KuK soldiers wearing Kappenabzeichen - unfortunately, none are artillerymen to see if any are similar to these.

Irishgunner,

I thank you as well with the information you have provided me. Certainly seeing these in wear would be interesting. I have noticed as well that mine have a horizontal pin versus a vertical pin. I'm interested in seeing with what pans out.

Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister