EK2 1870 - A core?

Hello gentlemen,

This is my first fullsize EK2 1870, so I would be very happy to hear your opinions. It is slightly twisted, core slightly shakes in the frame, but condition is very fine and edges are smoothly finished.

I still don´t know if the triangular mark which you see on the ring, is marker´s mark or just some lately received damage. But as I know, original A cores were not marked.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for reply. You are right with that tool mark, I inspected it under 30x magnifying glass with LED light, and it is totally amorphous coincidental damage. On the other hand, the same glass showed me some soldering around the small ring. You can see it on the reverse side. It is very decent work, nearly unseen with naked eye. Only strong zoom and flashlight of camera (or glass) makes it visible. But, interestingly, small ring stood open on the reverse. So maybe it was not resoldering of ring, just strengthening of cracked frame above the beading rim.

Early type A crosses were made with the small ring attached very high on the frame and

open on one side. It was a very week point on the cross and you will find many, many

examples of period 1870s with the small ring soldered back in place.