News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Glory 2nd Class

Hello all,

This has been in my collection for almost 15 years now. I didn't pay much for it and believed it, at the time, to be 'a really good fake'. This was mainly because all the original versions I had seen online were much more worn, with the gold plate to the obverse having almost completely dissapeared.

Some years down the line I found a site which had some detail regarding numbers of Orders of Glory. This one has a high number for a 2nd class (44,352), which seems to put its award date sometime in the 1960s.

If it's a fake it's very well made, silver, gilt and complete with brazed ring... I've not commissioned any research on this due to doubts about authenticity.

Then I thought perhaps the community here would be able to comment?

you can take a look here: http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/vladtheman03/Order%20of%20Glory%202nd%20Class/

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...