News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslav partisan hat badge?

GC*

Good afternoon dear fellow collectors.

I would like to share with you the photo of a cockade I bought in recent times. The seller had no idea of its origins and actually sold it to me for cheap.

Since the first moment I saw it I thought I never saw something like that before; given the fact I am collecting Communist era hat badges since some time the hat badge interested me a lot.

I came to the conclusion that it could have been a Yugoslav partisan hat badge and the element which brought me to this cnocnlusion is the flag in the lower part of the cockade. I believe the red color is missing, and the red color itself together with white and blue makes the Yugoslav flag.

Could absolutely be that I am terribly wrong..

The cockade is made of brass and is quite flat; on the reverse it shows the two prongs you can see on its right side.

Opinions?

Thank you very much!

GC

Yes, this is yugo partisan hat badge. These came in several avriants - enammeled, painted, probably plain too. This one seems to be enammled once (the star) and the tricolora still has some enammel left. Nice catch anyway, these badges are not so easy to find and are not cheap.

Dear Valter, thank you very much for your comment!

I'm happy that my opinion about the hat nadge was correct.

Now that I think about that I really think I saw a badge like mine, but in a far better (near mint) condition, on the German ebay.

It got sold for 190 euro...

I also think that both the star and the flag were enameled..but time did its job and now not so much is left.

Anyway I really like the hat badge itself and I am happy to put it with a correct description in the Yugoslav section of my collection.

Thanks again

GC*

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings GC,

Original Late post WWII Partisan badge of early Yugoslavian forces ( not even JNA at that time ).

The quality is good enough and as Valter said, these are kind of rare and in more variants, the best are the enamel ones, like yours...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your comment Emanuel.

So the hat badge was used by the Yogoslavian forces in the transition period between the National Liberation Army and the official JNA, am I right?

I am happy that my intuition when I saw this badge was right!

Yes, you have several variations of course, but as one picture is better than 1000 words,I will show you are you are interested much in this subject all those badges and their variations from two scans of a book.

Here you can see what you need and of course you can notice among them, your own badge ;)

Hope it helps somehow....

ara4-10.jpg

ara4-11.jpg

Thank you so much Emanuel for these wonderful scans!

I was definitely not familiar with many of these variations and I find this new source I can add to my database absolutely crucial!

I actually saw some times ago a white cockade like the one on the top-right of the first page you scanned on the German ebay. It was sold for 190 euro..

Thank you very much again!

Regards

GC

Nothing,

glad I was of help ;)

Now ,if you talk about this Cap badge that I attach and you seek for a correct price evaluation,

I can say you with certainty that the price of 190 Euros was indeed correct for such a badge.

Emm.

YUGOCOCKADEREDSTAR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Saša, these are from book Hrvatski ratnici kroz stoljeća, 4. knjiga. A very nice and detailed book with many ilustrations, oriented on militaria collectors, but the text is more historical (it's not an collector-only textbook).I'm going to buy it soon. Text is in croatian, but picture descriptions also in english.

http://www.profil.hr/knjiga/hrvatski-ratnici-kroz-stoljeca-knjiga-4/37862/

• 6 months later...

Dear fellows, here I am once again with something that could maybe be a Yugoslav partisan star.

Well, here come the pictures!

I was wondering, Emanuel, whether this star could be like the smaller one on the second picture of that amazing book of yours.

The picture of the reverse will help to clarify the star's measures!

Thanks you.

Best,

GC

I must actually say that other collectors have expressed the opinion that this star may be a Soviet "non textbook" WWII one..but still nobody came up with a definitive opinion..

Actually, regarding this last star, I had some talks with other fellow collectors and there seem to be a general agreement on the fact that it is Soviet..the point is, was one of those stars produced in the USSR and then used in Yugoslavia?

Nevertheless..I recently made two wonderful gains concerning Yugoslavia and I will be definitely showing them here on the forum asap!

Here's the first one. Unfortunately the text under the part about hat badges 1942-1945 is not readable.

In the lower-right corner is written: Taken from the book "Two Centuries of Police" by B. Bogdanovic (Original title "Dva veka policije").

Edited by paja

Dear paja, thank you so much for your contribution. This type of images are always of great help to catalogue my collection and identify potential new hat badges!

Thanks.

Best, GC

GC you are welcome. I will now upload couple of pictures of these hat badges. All of them are different.

But first I would just like to point out that non of these are mine and that all of the pictures are from various internet auction sites

(at least I think so). I hope that no one will mind.

Regards,

Radmilo