Juncker Pilot Observer's Badge Sold On Ebay ~ WTF?

Now granted, this is a sensational ORIGINAL Juncker badge... one of the few GENUINE ones to appear on eBay.

BUT... it sold for $5400!!!!

What am missing here??? This example just sold for about $4000 above its record price!!!

I fully expected the buyer to be deranged American with money burning a hole through his pockets.

But it was an ENGLISHMAN who paid this insane price!

Any comments as I recover my breath?

Edited by garfordhouse

Posted · Hidden by Triadoro, January 31, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Triadoro, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

Roman Abramovich????

It is a known fact that if a Russian attempts to handle German militaria, it will burn right through his skin...

The item will drop straight to the floor because it will have burned a gigantic hole into his palms.

Roman Abramovich????

It is a known fact that if a Russian attempts to handle German militaria, it will burn right through his skin...

The item will drop straight to the floor because it will have burned a gigantic hole into his palms.

Good one, but not true. I just sold Preussen 1870/71 Kriegsdenkmunze to Novossibirsk. And two weeks before Ukrainian collector bought EK2 1914 and 1866 Koniggratz from me :)

Posted · Hidden by Triadoro, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

And two weeks before Ukrainian collector bought EK2 1914 and 1866 Koniggratz from me :)

I would caution anybody against calling a Ukrainian a Russian, unless you want a Ukrainian boot placed up your delicate area. The Ukrainians have an enormous sense of self-identity and distinguish themselves proudly from Russians. They were staunch allies against bolshevism in 1941 and paid a big price for it after the war.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Triadoro, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

I just sold Preussen 1870/71 Kriegsdenkmunze to Novossibirsk. :)

Even vampires have somebody who performs their daytime errands for them. :))))

Edited by garfordhouse

I would caution anybody against calling a Ukrainian a Russian, unless you want a Ukrainian boot placed up your delicate area. The Ukrainians have an enormous sense of self-identity and distinguish themselves proudly from Russians. They were staunch allies against bolshevism in 1941 and paid a big price for it after the war.

I have to say, I like your humour, but truth is again not so one sided as you perform. You can meet Ukrainian that is very similar to "specimen" depicted by you, but you can meet many other different types as well. Also the history of Ukraine during ww2 is not so clear as you said. If I remember correctly from literature, there were about 11 armoured groups in Ukraine during ww2 that were fighting between themselves (same during ww1). Some of them against ruskies, some of them against germans, some of them against Poles - and some of them against all. If somebody hardly paid on Ukraine, it were Krym Tatars who were nearly completely annihilated or sent to Siberia, Jews (gased by Germans) and Poles (killed or expelled by Soviets in 1939-1945). But Ukrainians - Slavians, were nothing special - spread on both sides. Many of them collaborated with Germans, but many of them joined Red Army (and suffered 2nd highest casualties from all nations of USSR). Also todays Ukraine is divided between western Ukraine, symphatizing with European Union and eastern part, sympatizing with Moscow.

It can´t be said Ukraine hardly paid only after ww2. Ukraine hardly paid also after ww1, in 30´s and in 80´s as well (Chernobyl). But Ukraine also received much, don´t forget... It entered USSR in 1920 (after Civil war and Russo-Polish war and short lived independence) as quite small state, but then was "gifted" with region known now as a western Ukraine (taken from Poland in september 1939), Zakarpatie (from Czechoslovakia in 1945) and whole Krym! (given personally by Khruschev in 60´s).

I live only a few kilometres from Ukrainian borders in the region with strong Ukrainian minority. No doubt, Ukrainians really have strong national feeling, mainly after third "stakan" of vodka, but comparing to Poles or Hungarians, it is only weak tea.

Quite far from juncker badge, hehe.

It is always hard to tell with auctions what is going to happen. You get two guys who really want something, and the price ends up in Monopoly money. Maybe this Englishman is buying for Peter Jackson?? I've seen him buy some stuff at insane prices....which for him are probably pennies on the .......what do they use in New Zeeland?