News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all. Posting these for Bill... again he's a member but is not very adept at all this computer stuff so trying to help him out. He's got some silverware from the various services and wants to confirm if they are original and if possible get a valuation of each of the pieces.

I'm fairly sure about these first ones... Luftwaffe issue. I have several and don't see anything that's raising any doubts in my mind... but multiple eyes and opinions are always best.

First the serving spoons. The larger one is 11 3/4" long, and the smaller one is just over 8 1/2 " long.

Edited by Hauptmann

Okay, now a couple of SS forks. I'm highly skeptical of anything SS... not wishing to go where angels fear to tread... so hoping some of our members who are more knowledgeable in this area can confirm if these are okay or simply pieces marked to deceive.

Okay, these also look okay to me. Thought at first that the first one was Weimar but as Hitler took over as Chancellor in 1933 they would be into the nazi period but I'm guessing before they could have everything stamped with the new eagle and swastika. Assuming the other is Army?

Okay, last but not least... another SS and this I'm assuming is a fantasy mark, again made to deceive folks into believing it's SS. But I'm no expert in this area so will leave it to members who are to confirm or deny this.

That's it for now. I believe the only other pieces of dinnerware he has are a couple of field forks used with the mess kit. He'll be emailing me the pics soon and I'll pop them up once I have them.

I'll be passing along the link to the thread to him so hopefully he'll be able to answer any questions you might have on any of these.

Again any help in confirming ID, units, originality, value, etc., will be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers: