Shortest lived Flag Ever

Paul R

Here is the first post invasion flag for Iraq. It was seen as "Israeli" and immediately rejected by the population. I got this item in 2004. While it is not a government issue piece, it is still a cool contemporary flag.

Well, I know that the blue stripes at the bottom represent the Tigris and Eurphrates rivers and white stands for "purity". I read that the traditional colors for the crescent are either typically maroon or red... I do not know why they picked light blue color for that.

Thanks Paul.

I have found this in "Arabic media" : "On 26 April 2004 the Iraq Interim Governing Council announced a new flag for post-Saddam Iraq. designed by Rifat al-Chadirchi. The flag was intended to be a temporary replacement for the red, black and green banner. The parallel blue lines represent the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, the yellow line represents the Kurds, while the crescent is a symbol of Islam. Strongly criticised, the flag did not see the light of the sky. "

Ch.