Golden Grain - good or bad?

kimj

Hi

This recently came up on a Swedish auction site. The auction isn't over yet (three days left). The seller has a lot of other stuff that isn't properly named but this caught my attention. If I'm not mistaken this is a order of the Golden Grain. But the big question is - is it a nice copy or real?

Anyone want the link just PM me. No, I'm not the seller. ;)

/Kim

Hello Kim,

Looks like a good 3rd Class to me. The shade of the ribbon is a little different to others I've seen but this could simply be the water damage. The cloisonne enamel looks genuine but it is sometimes difficult to tell from a photo.

Two 3rd Classes recently sold at the Spink 21 April 2011 auction. Do a catalogue search on their website and you'll be able to retrieve the photos to compare with this example.

Really...?! only 750................

I would have expected way more than that. But it must been have an obscure auction house. I would estimate non-ebay auction of 2000-3000USD in the larger auctions. I would have gladly reached deeply in my wallet :cheeky:

Well it's not a non-ebay site as it's owned by eBay but still has its old name. 750USD could be a find but for me... yet another collecting field.... no reference books.... no additions in the near future. Also it's free for anybody to bid. So next time PM me and I'll help out with the Swedish registration. ;)

/Kim