News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified WW2 Heer / Waffen SS / Polizei Signatures

Unfortunately for him, you'd be wrong. ;) He stayed an Oberst.

Oberst Günther Franz Adolf Irmisch, born 3.10.1892 in Berlin. Entered service in March 1911 as a Fahnenjunker in Eisenbahn-Regiment Nr. 3 and transferred to the Kraftfahrtruppe in 1919. On 10.11.38, he became commander of Pz.Rgt. 25. On 1.1.40, he was transferred to the Führer-Reserve OKH. Subsequent assignments:

11.6.40-15.4.41 Stabsoffz. Gruppe Verkehrsregelung, Stab HGr. B

16.4.41-16.9.41 A.O. Kraft (Armee-Kraftfahr-Offizier), Stab AOK 6

17.9.41-19.10.41 Führer-Reserve OKH

20.10.41-14.5.42 Kdr. Schützen-Ers.-Rgt. 23

15.5.42-10.10.42 Führer-Reserve OKH, kdrt. z. Heersnachschub-Führer

11.10.42-1.11.42 Führer-Reserve OKH

2.11.42-11.11.42 Führer-Reserve OKH, kdrt. z. mil.-Befh. i. Frankr.

12.11.42-9.12.42 m.d.F.b. Feldkommandantur 669

ab 10.11.42 Kdt. Feldkdtr. 669

No entries after March 1944 in his personnel file, but Feldkdtr. 669 came under the 19th Army in late 1944 and Riviera to the Rhine mentions a Gruppe Irmisch under LXXXV Armeekorps facing the French 1st Army offensive in the Belfort Gap in October 1944.

Awards: 1914EK1&2, KVK1X&2X, BMV4X, BrK2, BremH, ÖM3K, TH, WHDA1

• 4 weeks later...

With regards to this signature does it say 'Rolf' or 'Roth'? In the 1941 DAL there is an Oberstleutnant Roth listed with a Pz.Jäger unit but I have not been able to find anything definite.

Any additional details would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is not signature of Karl Burdach (Divisionskommandeure 08/1941- 03/1943).

Whose signature?

Believe it or not, that is actually Karl Burdach's signature. Check the Signature Database for an example from 1944.

The 'B' is written like that in a number of signatures, Baade and Walter Behschnitt being others.

Edited by hucks216

Believe it or not, that is actually Karl Burdach's signature. Check the Signature Database for an example from 1944.

The 'B' is written like that in a number of signatures, Baade and Walter Behschnitt being others.

wow! thank you!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I want to show you the part of very intresting award document which was given in the fortress Frankfurt / Oder.

What do you think - is this signature of Biehler, Ernst or unknown major?

It's definitely not Ernst Biehler as he was a Generalmajor by the time this was signed. I seem to recall seeing this before and I can't remember if the signature was identified or not.

Edited by hucks216

It's definitely not Ernst Biehler as he was a Generalmajor by the time this was signed. I seem to recall seeing this before and I can't remember if the signature was identified or not.

It is signed by whoever was Biehler's Adjutant "I.A." ("im Auftrag", or on behalf of) the Festungskommandant.

• 2 weeks later...