News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

China Incident Commemorative Medal

Richard LaTondre

Interesting, current Y!JA Auction, "cased" specimen:

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-6375-0-68631300-1353163075.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-6375-0-22114300-1353163084.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-6375-0-74305600-1353163089.jpg

Balsa box for a medal from 1942?!

No inscription on the cover?! (and we are talking about official box for official Japanese medal!)

Untypical interior color!

Inside box we found pretty "tied" medal!

What are the chances that this box is original one?

I.e. it is originally was made for Incident Medal and not for some other "unofficial" medal? :whistle:

I very much doubt this is the original case! I'd assume originals, if they existed, would be fashioned like all of the other Showa-era medals war and commemorative medals. I've seen a few of these medals in cases, as I'm sure we al have, but I have yet to see two that are the same! I think you are right - for an unoffical medal, or more likely a generic box really with a fabricated interior.

Kinda surprised the piece above didn't sell at that price! The medallion does look a bit beat up around the edges, but still. The market never ceases to amaze me.

I tell you - people have no respect for zzzuper rare, made (almost) exclusively for (merited) traitors, famous "chop your head if we'll find one on you after the end of war" medal ...

I am sure pretty soon they will be whipping the cat!!!

P.S. The American Humane Association monitored the animal action. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Let me guess - somebody who is really into this pricey medal business? :whistle::lol:

BINGO! ;)

I would offer my assistance and may help you to make your financial status better! :D

Well, it's not a matter of status - merely a matter of focus thanks to the political winds here.......... :unsure:

For a Incident Commemorative Medal in a War Medal case, a lot of money...

Another treasure "in original FITTED embossed case of issue"!

Slightly divided original fitted case I must add ...

Let's dance!

86fdafa7869ae95fee471d1db91bdf53.gif

P.S. Looks like ribbon is also "original" ;)